Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

15 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I've spent countless hours by myself, sometimes even in the middle of the night with no lights at an outdoor court, trying to better my basketball game.

Do you get few a few basketballs and how do you know if you get one in ? Or is it one of them "Bell-in-a-Ball" jobs for blind people.

(Sorry I have got a vision of you playing in total darkness 😎)

Joking aside,  I admire your dedication,  I am like that with playing pool.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

The sweet smell of victory

It took a month but today we have the climb-down of all climb-downs

Methinks someone went to legal and got told he was a tit

It's been a big battle and I'm still undefeated and haven't had to go to court yet to win one. It's 3 - 0 now I think

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I accidentally shut someone in the freezer at work earlier, and as the lightbulb has gone she couldnt find the emergency chord 

That'll be the Db7sus9. I can never find it, either. 

• Haha 2

Founder of LGBT “Conversion Therapy” Program Comes Out as Gay, Apologizes for Harmful Practice

The founder of a well-known, so-called gay conversion therapy program has come out as gay and apologized for his role in the harmful practice. McKrae Game founded the faith-based Hope for Wholeness, previously known as Truth Ministry, in 1999, which aims to change a person’s sexuality through counseling and other interventions. An estimated 700,000 people have gone through so-called conversion therapy, according to a UCLA study. Eighteen states and over 50 cities and counties have enacted laws or rules against the practice, according to Human Rights Campaign.

Democracy Now

• Like 1

Just got to get through tomorrow and then I have next week off work.

Going to go away for a couple of days... was going to Kent for a week (some good ideas from @KentVillan) but that will probably be in November/December now when I have 2 weeks off. Will go somewhere local and relax for a bit. Perhaps Peak District or Staffs Moorlands. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hey guys!

I know I said I was on a break from here, and that's still true. I just popped in to plug something of mine that I'm weirdly proud of (hence the thread choice!)

I've done one of them there podcasts. It's about Fantasy Premier League with a couple of mates.

If you fancy a listen you can get it on Spotify here: Minus 4: An FPL Podcast

It should be listed on Apple Podcasts by the end of the week too

turned off after 16 seconds because I wanted to listen to a football, not a rock music concert. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Hey guys!

I know I said I was on a break from here, and that's still true. I just popped in to plug something of mine that I'm weirdly proud of (hence the thread choice!)

I've done one of them there podcasts. It's about Fantasy Premier League with a couple of mates.

If you fancy a listen you can get it on Spotify here: Minus 4: An FPL Podcast

It should be listed on Apple Podcasts by the end of the week too

Nah seriously well done, I've fancied doing something like that but never had the nerve

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tegis said:

His kid is 14 and jumping 2,09, unofficial youth record i think. Some genes where passed down

And my dad told me if I practiced hard enough, I'd play for Scotland one day. 

(Fully appreciate that even at 45, I could still be in with a shot of getting in the current squad).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â