Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 9/19/2017 at 21:18, mjmooney said:

A two year old discovers the sea.

IMG-20170919-WA0000.jpg

This is truly awesome. The things I've seen, the places I've been, the situations, the hurt, the sadness and all the pain. (And I don't just mean watching Villa) But then I'm reminded of such hopeful events as this. The freedom of it, the sense of opportunity, of a life beginning and the endless possibilities, It makes everything worthwhile.

Thank you for sharing.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 8pints said:

This is truly awesome. The things I've seen, the places I've been, the situations, the hurt, the sadness and all the pain. (And I don't just mean watching Villa) But then I'm reminded of such hopeful events as this. The freedom of it, the sense of opportunity, of a life beginning and the endless possibilities, It makes everything worthwhile.

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks, I agree with every word. I can't take credit for the picture, it was taken by her mum (my daughter), just the other day. But I'd love to have a huge blow-up of it framed, if the resolution will take it. Our granddaughter is exactly in that state you describe - full of life and enthusiasm, discovering new things every day, fearless. When I'm dismayed and depressed at the state of the world, or feeling sorry for myself, she puts a smile back on my face. 

• Like 4

Agree Mike. No matter how appalling my day. How depressing my M6 commute is. I get in and my grandson is there, my heart leaps and a grin appears on my face. Last night we raced each other up and down the living room. Its the best thing without hesitation I have done this week if not month. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

My lad has started the "why" phase, and to the best of my ability, I'm giving him all the information I have on any given subject, really indulging him - regardless of whether it's beyond him.  When we reach a point of "why" that I just can't explain any longer, I just say "but we'll learn about that when we're older" - and that satisfies him.  

But some little bits do stick - regardless of how abstract that may seem to him, he obviously just copies the sound bite.  Which is why I guess, when we were driving to Cornwall and we saw the sea, he started telling me and mom about how the water goes up into the clouds and rains.  

Then I remembered that about 2 weeks before that, he was asking me why it was raining, so I said the clouds are made of water, then he asked "why" and I talked to him about the water cycle.  Completely over his head, and he still doesn't understand any of the processes or anything - but he remembered that at some point during a 2 minute conversation when I picked him up from nursery, I said the water from the sea goes up into the clouds.  I just find his recognition incredible sometimes.  And it makes you realise that whatever comes out of your mouth, good or bad, they will remember it, digest it and store it.  Regardless of whether they understand it.  

It just made me realise the importance of being careful what you say, how you say it and that if you give them bad information, that they will remember it.  

I've had a quick Google on science experiments for 2 year olds, so this weekend, we'll be putting milk, washing up liquid and food dye together :D 

Such a cruel dad. That'll taste horrible, ya bastard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watching my daughter play handball. They are 14-15 and its a fooking rough sport. They smack eachother around constantly and the only times i see any stoppage is when they whack their head on the court. Football really is for pu***es.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2017 at 11:29, Tegis said:

Watching my daughter play handball. They are 14-15 and its a fooking rough sport. They smack eachother around constantly and the only times i see any stoppage is when they whack their head on the court. Football really is for pu***es.

professional football is for pussies

kiddy league 6 still has its moments

• Like 1

Â