Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

BODMAS. 

Ah, but people then think the D and M order is important.  Other people say BOMDAS and fall into the same (but opposite) trap.  D & M are equal precedent and are done as they're read from left to right.  They're not done strictly division first (or in the case of BOMDAS, multiplication first).  The same applies to Addition and Subtraction.

So it's B, O, D or M, A or S

• Like 1

So, BODMAS or BOMDAS are both OK - so long as you remember one of the correct mnemonics.; when people do those things wrong, it's not because they are doing it "they way they were taught", more like the way they think they were taught. They've just remembered it wrongly. 

Edited by mjmooney

19 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Most popular CBeebees programmes? 

Sample survey of one two-year-old: 

1. Andy's Dinosaur Adventures

2. Woolly and Tig

3. Mister Tumble

4. Teletubbies

5. In the Night Garden

6. Twirlywoos

7. Bing

8. Topsy and Tim  

9. Peppa Pig

10. Swashbuckle

Bananas in Pyjamas FTW

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Ours are a little older so we did the Harry Potter studio tour on Tuesday.

It was alright, the kids and the missus loved it, it's not really for me but yeah, there was a lot there and it took 5 hours.

Good things:

Easy to access by car, just off the motorway.
Good safe easy parking right next to the entrance.
Well organised, busy but almost no queuing.
Those that were in to it enjoyed it.

Less good things:

A soft drink of ‘butterbeer’ in a small plastic tankard, £6.95.
A small icecream in a plastic pot, £6.95.
A plastic wand in a box, £30 which I estimate must have been a profit of £28 for someone.

Mine aren't into Harry Potter yet and I'm not into it either. I imagine it's fun though. Peppa pig world and the theme park where it's situated is very reasonably priced. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Everytime I go to the coast I end up posting on here, but yes I love it. Was up at 6 to go and grab my papers and I had a nice walk by myself along the beachfront. Sun is shining and just the whole vibe is great. 

Yeah, I'm the same. We're off to Northumberland in a couple of weeks, hope the weather holds for some coastal walks. Last time we were there we saw a pod of dolphins just off the beach. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Everytime I go to the coast I end up posting on here, but yes I love it. Was up at 6 to go and grab my papers and I had a nice walk by myself along the beachfront. Sun is shining and just the whole vibe is great. 

You're directly across from me, I can see you from my house!

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I'm the same. We're off to Northumberland in a couple of weeks, hope the weather holds for some coastal walks. Last time we were there we saw a pod of dolphins just off the beach. 

Nearly did a trip to Northumberland this year, but it didn't happen. But it's a likely candidate for next year now, Northumberland and a Scotland mini tour.

28 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You're directly across from me, I can see you from my house!

Nearly did a trip to Northumberland this year, but it didn't happen. But it's a likely candidate for next year now, Northumberland and a Scotland mini tour.

put the kettle on and I'll paddle over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm in envy.  The beaches around Bamburgh Castle and up along that stretch of the coast are outstanding.  I recommend "Holy Island" if you haven't yet visited and also recommend getting some proper smoked kippers at Craster (the walk along the beach from there to Dunstanburgh Castle is nice too).  

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, trekka said:

I'm in envy.  The beaches around Bamburgh Castle and up along that stretch of the coast are outstanding.  I recommend "Holy Island" if you haven't yet visited and also recommend getting some proper smoked kippers at Craster (the walk along the beach from there to Dunstanburgh Castle is nice too).  

Oh, indeed - done all that, and planning to do it again. And crab sandwiches and excellent ale at The Ship (Low Newton). 

• Like 1

Was on the way to Weston yesterday then saw all the traffic so carried on past it, stopped in Burnham for a quick cup of tea and sausage bap then carried on to Watchet for the day, ambled around the town and scrambled around fossil beach. Saw 'Coast' presenter Mark Horton and his researchers walking around all day too, he didnt chat to many people though. Stopped at the Plough Inn just outside Kilve for dinner before heading back. Lovely day out.

One day I'll build up the courage to take my 1.0 Pug up Porlock Hill. But for now, Minehead is as far as I'll drive for a day trip:D

Edited by Ingram85

39 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Was on the way to Weston yesterday then saw all the traffic so carried on past it, stopped in Burnham for a quick cup of tea and sausage bap then carried on to Watchet for the day, ambled around the town and scrambled around fossil beach. Saw 'Coasts' Mark Horton and his researchers walking around all day too, he didnt chat to many people though. Stopped at the Plough Inn just outside Kilve for dinner before heading back. Lovely day out.

One day I'll build up the courage to take my 1.0 Pug up Porlock Hill. But for now, Minehead is as far as I'll drive for a day trip:D

I'm in Burnham. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm in Burnham. 

I was there for about an hour yesterday around 12:30. Went to Bay view cafe. Had all the american cars, bikes and trucks passing through town revving and honking endlessly so I left as it got annoying fast. 

Phonecall from the gaffer at 10:30 to cover a shift that finishes at 2:30, he casually mentions he'll pay me the full shift. 

3 hours work for 7 and half hours pay, thanks boss.

Edited by V01
words

Â