Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

A few weeks ago my son was invited to a paintball party. I suppose there were about a 15 of us including 3 Dad's who were asked to join in. It was ok, but not fussed if we go again. Anyway we were all in one team. There were a number of games against another team. Get to a location, or take a flag. The one rule was if you were shot you couldn't participate for 30 seconds. So after about 4 games I'm getting knackered. I decided to be the sniper. Basically let the kids do all the running, I'll just hide. If anyone comes my way shoot the bugger. A few minutes into the game a kid in the opposition had the same idea. He hid, but I spotted him. He was knocking off our guys at regular intervals. It was a good hiding place inside an old skip, with great views almost all around. So I took a long detour and got into his blind spot. Got really close about 20 foot away, then smacked about 5 bright orange paint balls into his back. He turned around then got another 3 or 4 in his belly. He was covered in paint. I smiled and walked off. The little sod shot me. 

I said you can't do that you have to wait 30 seconds.  His response from his bright orange dripping spot. 

"YOU MISSED"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, colhint said:

A few minutes into the game a kid in the opposition had the same idea. He hid, but I spotted him. He was knocking off our guys at regular intervals. It was a good hiding place inside an old skip, with great views almost all around. So I took a long detour and got into his blind spot. Got really close about 20 foot away, then smacked about 5 bright orange paint balls into his back. He turned around then got another 3 or 4 in his belly. He was covered in paint. I smiled and walked off. The little sod shot me. 

I said you can't do that you have to wait 30 seconds.  His response from his bright orange dripping spot. 

"I'M A TANK"

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just applied for an allotment and they're showing me around at the weekend. The transition to old man is beginning. :D 

Showing you around an allotment?

"Well here's one corner of the allotment.  Over there's another corner.  See that bit there?  That's a corner too...".

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

"Well here's one corner of the allotment.  Over there's another corner.  See that bit there?  That's a corner too...".

"s.sssometimes.. we like to bend.. erm.. corrugated.. erm.. plastic.. into to half...erm..circles.. and den...errmmm..errrrmmm.. put vegetables... underneath....and watch'em grow like.."

58 minutes ago, BOF said:

Triangular allotment or is there another corner?

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Well they need to show me the available plots so I get to pick one, and where the facilities are.

And I need to meet my allotment buddy

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Well they need to show me the available plots so I get to pick one, and where the facilities are.

And I need to meet my allotment buddy

We had to choose between two - one on the flat, but in shade, or one with plenty of light, but on a slope. We went for the slope. 

tbh I'm pissed off with the whole thing, but the missus is into it so I go along with it. 

How long have you had yours for?

I've not done much in the way of gardening at all, my garden is fully decked so I have no idea what I'm doing.

I needed a hobby that gets me away from my desk, and someone at work bought in a bit of fruit and veg they grew themselves, which was so much better than the shite in supermarkets that it seems like it'll be worth the effort.

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

How long have you had yours for?

I've not done much in the way of gardening at all, my garden is fully decked so I have no idea what I'm doing.

I needed a hobby that gets me away from my desk, and someone at work bought in a bit of fruit and veg they grew themselves, which was so much better than the shite in supermarkets that it seems like it'll be worth the effort.

Three years. There is no question that fresh-picked homegrown veg tastes better than bought, and there is something satisfying about the process - I can never quite get over the magic of planting a few seed potatoes, and then coming back to dig up ten times the amount. But the whole business of weed control is a ballsache, especially if you have limited time, and when it comes to my 'day off', I usually don't feel like going up to the allotment (it's just a little too far away to walk). Basically, I'm not into gardening, but the wife is, bigtime. 

My favourite Christmas ever was when I got my snes and I mentioned to the wife that Nintendo have released the classic snes mini and she's got it me for Christmas and now I can't wait and it's going to be the best Christmas ever again! :D

217392_detail_01.jpg

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

My favourite Christmas ever was when I got my snes and I mentioned to the wife that Nintendo have released the classic snes mini and she's got it me for Christmas and now I can't wait and it's going to be the best Christmas ever again! :D

217392_detail_01.jpg

aww man! Can I come and play?! :) I'll knock on yours later.

Â