Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

32 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I remember that on Eurosport. Used to have those chain things wrapped around the wheels. 

No no no.  They were spikes.  F**king lethal things.

maxresdefault.jpg

The fact that the travel companies are coming down hard on false holiday sickness claims. Couple today sent to prison for false claims totalling £20k following a private prosecution. 

Lets hope the insurance companies take a similar stand against 'cash for crash' claims, where Birmingham is the nations hot-spot. 

53 minutes ago, Xela said:

The fact that the travel companies are coming down hard on false holiday sickness claims. Couple today sent to prison for false claims totalling £20k following a private prosecution. 

Lets hope the insurance companies take a similar stand against 'cash for crash' claims, where Birmingham is the nations hot-spot. 

This news pissed me off. Not that they are being punished, which is good, but prison is totally inappropriate. Prisons are massively overcrowded, and should be reserved for dangerous criminals. Hefty fine, community service, whatever. 

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

This news pissed me off. Not that they are being punished, which is good, but prison is totally inappropriate. Prisons are massively overcrowded, and should be reserved for dangerous criminals. Hefty fine, community service, whatever. 

The problem with fines is that a lot of people can't afford them. When you look at benefit fraud and when people defraud their employers, they are asked to pay the money back by the courts but can't and repayment is set at a nominal amount per week/month (ie £1 per week). There is no deterrent there. 

I do agree that sentencing for some crimes seems out of kilter with others though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I imagine they have just been the unlucky ones who have had an example made of them to send out a message.

48 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I am going to Australia (Perth) tomorrow to see one of my kids.

Never been before.  Me going for 2 weeks ,  Mrs going for 4 weeks.

I got a brother in Perth (Wembley Downs) and i love the place. So much open space, clean and warm. Great sports facilities. Very expensive place though and it takes a short while to get used to the fact that you can't buy alcohol in supermarkets but have to go to bottle shops instead.

Got my ticket booked for my 3rd trip in Jan 18 all being well.

Give it a red hot crack, mate ! (as the locals say !)

• Thanks 1

I love Perth, was there for 2 weeks on a family holiday 10 years ago, seeing other family. Nice place. Will there be an Aussie Rules match on when you're there? They're good fun. The jail tour in nearby Fremantle was worth it too.  I guess the weather would be spring over there now? We went in July so beaches were obviously a bit cold and windy, but assume they might be tolerable by now!

• Thanks 1

On 14/10/2017 at 15:22, sharkyvilla said:

Someone from work who I hate got punched in the face last night :D

The only person I've genuinely hated was a belittling, back-stabbing and 'point scoring' work so-called 'colleague'. Shortly after we'd stopped working together, I discovered he'd passed away in his mid forties, from complications exacerbated by his lifestyle choices. Shame that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Several years ago we employed a guy with aspergers. He was a great guy but he had a need to hoard and arrange rolls of sticky tape.  It became a bit of a joke and when your tape disappeared you knew exactly who to ask about it.

Things came to a head when his mother called to complain about all the rolls of sticky tape we had asked him to store at home. There was well over 500 rolls in his bedroom. His employment was reluchantly terminated.

On Saturday a section of false ceiling collapsed. We think the 300 rolls of sticky tape packed into it might have been a major factor.

Must have been a 'sticky' situation for the 'gaffer', what with all the 'red tape' to sort out .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â