Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

7 hours ago, Xela said:

How is your rip going @tonyh29?

Still alive , not sure what was in the pint cocktail and not sure I want to ask but this bad boy with Tequila , brandy and chocolate ice cream was equally revolting :)

just been to watch Zimbru FC , if put the standard of the Moldovan top flight around that of the conference 

IMG_3680.JPG

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Land of hope and glory and Jerusalem on last night of the proms. Give me goose bumps everytime. Either of those would be hands down a better national anthem. 

Agreed, though really more or less any piece of music ever made would be a better anthem than the one we use. 

Jerusalem would be a better option for me, politically speaking. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agreed, though really more or less any piece of music ever made would be a better anthem than the one we use. 

Good tune, but too much God crap in the lyrics. 

15 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Still alive , not sure what was in the pint cocktail and not sure I want to ask but this bad boy with Tequila , brandy and chocolate ice cream was equally revolting :)

just been to watch Zimbru FC , if put the standard of the Moldovan top flight around that of the conference 

IMG_3680.JPG

This cocktail looks like what I've just emptied into the works bog. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

In the Commonwealth Games England always used to have Land Of Hope And Glory until the last one where they changed it to Jerusalem.  I assume there was a big fight over it.

On 09/09/2017 at 23:29, HanoiVillan said:

Jerusalem always struck me as a slightly odd choice for an anthem. It's point is basically England used to be fantastic and now it's shit. It's a fantastic poem and works usually well as a song (allowing for Blake's God thing) but... I don't think an anthem should be declaring things have gone to shit.

...I mean it's accurate but...

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Jerusalem always struck me as a slightly odd choice for an anthem. It's point is basically England used to be fantastic and now it's shit. It's a fantastic poem and works usually well as a song (allowing for Blake's God thing) but... I don't think an anthem should be declaring things have gone to shit.

...I mean it's accurate but...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not wedded to Jersualem. By all means, let's choose an alternative.

My point is basically that the current anthem is in a bracket of shitness that it shares only with The Blobby Song and the Crazy Frog ringtone, so more or less anything else would be better. 

• Like 1

I've just noticed in the above video that the band are standing on an English flag. Given the Muslim tradition that showing someone the dirty sole of your shoe is a dire insult, I wonder if the awful rendition of GSTQ was part of some subtle pisstake? 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They had to release a statement in Florida telling people not to shoot their guns at irma

America is mind blowing at times

There is a "fake news" video out there from CNN,  it shows people bravley saving, without caring for their own safety I might add, loads and loads of stock from "Foot Locker".  I think they will start there and help other shops out I suppose.

They even took it (The stock) all home in their cars to dry it all out I presume.

The dubbing of the lips on the news cast is using that new software to match the words / mouth.  Really impresive technology anyway.

Â