Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got mocked a few weeks ago for saying get rid of Clark, but he really is poor. Second goal was a complete hash by him diving in when he shouldn't, and it wasn't the first time during the match. You could also argue that the first goal came from him chasing a ball that wasn't his, which led to the freekick.

Hopefully lescott is in soon and he is dropped.

Sanchez's error created the attack. But it was such a bread and butter situation for Clark, in my eyes anyway, that him allowing his man inside to shoot puts the blame all on him.

Sanchez never even had the ball to lose, it wasn't his error.

sanchez got beaten a bit too easily by toivonen, but even then its a 2 on 2 and cover on the way. All Clark had to do was hold him up and force him wide. It looks worse everytime i see it, horrible defending

I thought he was OK apart from that one error. Unfortunately in the PL 1 mistake costs you a goal.

Hopefully we get Lescott and we see Richards and Lescott in the middle together. Should be a bit calmer and with more experience in there.

Sanchez's error created the attack. But it was such a bread and butter situation for Clark, in my eyes anyway, that him allowing his man inside to shoot puts the blame all on him.

Sanchez never even had the ball to lose, it wasn't his error.

You're right. Watching it earlier I thought he was dispossessed but just saw the highlights and he wasn't in possession.

• Like 1

We don't score enough goals to compensate for poor defending. We need to be keeping clean sheets in order to pick up a decent amount of points, which means we can't tolerate the 'odd' mistake by clark every now and then. He needs replacing.

I'm sorry but that goal was down to Clark be shown up like an amateur.

Yes, we lost possession in midfield but that does not account for the manner in which Clark was fooled by the attacker.

He rushed in and gambled on which way the striker was going, he was wrong and should have fronted him up.

Basic defending, you do not let him go on the inside. Clarke got his position wrong and allowed the option to the player, god would have been nodding his head in disbelief.Will make a reasonable third choice as the brain goes missing to often all gung ho and not enough thought about his game.

Â