Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Said in the summer we needed a defender was told it was not a priority as we had the brilliant Clark . Woeful player if he is the main cb for the season we go down he is that bad. If Albion still want him for 3 or 4 m I'd get shot

I wouldn't go that far but he does not need to be replaced.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was poor for the second goal, but the ball should've never ever even got there.  Both Westwood's long ball and Sanchez' weakness put Clark in a one-on-one situation.

Definitely should've done better though.

anyone else think he stood off him as he was already on a yellow and didn't want to risk a challenge.

Of course he was on a yellow because of a brainless tackle out on the left wing in the first half, which left sunderland with a 3 on 2 in the box and needed richards to make a great clearance.

After he got beaten there wasnt much cover either. Amavi got caught on the break.. too far forward.. i was yelling dont commit!!! and he over runs it. Poor poor goal to concede. Really dumb play.

Edited by KSV

For all those coming out with the "crap" player, bar for the poor defending, what else did you see him do wrong?

for a central defender poor defending is pretty fundamental

For all those coming out with the "crap" player, bar for the poor defending, what else did you see him do wrong?

So is distribution from a goalkeeper, dribbling from a winger, goals from a forward, etc...

But I don't see people going overboard on those players, or Amavi for his piss poor effort last week.

Or Richards for pushing out against United, when two Villa players behind him, and then diving in Janusi (sp?)

So is distribution from a goalkeeper, dribbling from a winger, goals from a forward, etc...

But I don't see people going overboard on those players, or Amavi for his piss poor effort last week.

Or Richards for pushing out against United, when two Villa players behind him, and then diving in Janusi (sp?)

ive seen criticisms of both of those players, I was critical of amavi after the manure game myself. But this is a thread about Clark and the latest posts are about his performance in our most recent game so it's only right that you'll see criticisms about him. Do you think he had a good game?

ive seen criticisms of both of those players, I was critical of amavi after the manure game myself. But this is a thread about Clark and the latest posts are about his performance in our most recent game so it's only right that you'll see criticisms about him. Do you think he had a good game?

Yes, bar for one really poor effort that contributed to us losing two points.

Bar his poor defending? :lol: isn't that his whole purpose? I did think his hair looked a little off.

That was one instance in 90 minutes, the only other one I could think of, was the slide tackle on the touchline. And that was to try and cover Amavi, after he lost the ball again.

Unfortunately his mistake cost us the win.

Problem is, defensive mistake usually cost us points and therefore we need better players in.

Technically we could say it was Richards slide and deflection that cost us the points. If he had been in position and covering Clark, he wouldn't have had to slide.

Unfortunately his mistake cost us the win.

Problem is, defensive mistake usually cost us points and therefore we need better players in.

Technically we could say it was Richards slide and deflection that cost us the points. If he had been in position and covering Clark, he wouldn't have had to slide.

No chance. It was completely Clarks fault.

It's the little things with Clark really, he's no longer a car crash for 90 minutes but little things like not being strong enough against Dann and letting Lens get past him too easily are costing us goals and hence he'll be replaced for Leicester.

Â