Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vj2As1l2kZE

I have just watched the goal again, above about 40 secs in. Yes Richards could be further across but,

Richards is sprinting to get back into position, if he comes across further he would have to put his back to fletcher and fletcher just has to hold his run to be in acres of space.

Just pause the video as he takes his shot and look at how much space he has.

Also he doesn't really stop sprinting the entire clip, the fact Richards got anywhere near the ball is surprising enough.

None of this is a good excuse for Clark going all in though, Clark should do better regardless of Richards's position.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was, but even I have to admit he's had a poor start to this season, that was dreadful defending. There's people on here defending him, watch the reaction he has when Lens scores, his hands go straight up to his head, he knows he **** up there. 

I'm not convinced that Lescott is the answer, but I've been won round to the idea that Clark needs some time on the bench. Not good enough, this week or last. 

EDIT: Sherwood makes his displeasure very obvious in the post-match interview. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

I will forever maintain that he is average the first half of the season and good but not great in the second half. Like a game itself, have a good second half and people come away thinking you've had a good game, have a good first half and a bad second people come away thinking the opposite.

Plus I honestly think that tackle against Leicester and a couple of performances after that clouded judgements.

He really wasn't that good last season, he was just better than his previous relatively low bench mark.

You are right about the reaction from him, he did exactly the same last week currently he is liability. 

It was Clark's fault but weird double standards from some.

Guzan got some blame for amavi's **** up yet Clark is 100% responsible here.

It's bizarre.

Edited by StefanAVFC

No double standards from me if that is what you are suggesting.

I said last week Amavi was entirely at fault for the goal but that Guzan was wrong to make the pass, that is two different errors.

Today Clark was responsible entirely for the mistake that led to the goal. To try and blame Richards or claim he made a mistake as well as Clark is almost laughable frankly.

I will forever maintain that he is average the first half of the season and good but not great in the second half. Like a game itself, have a good second half and people come away thinking you've had a good game, have a good first half and a bad second people come away thinking the opposite.

Plus I honestly think that tackle against Leicester and a couple of performances after that clouded judgements.

He really wasn't that good last season, he was just better than his previous relatively low bench mark.

You are right about the reaction from him, he did exactly the same last week currently he is liability. 

We'll have to agree to disagree about last season, we just see it differently, but where we are in concord is that he's not justifying his place on the teamsheet so far this season. Let's hope Lescott is the answer. 

• Like 1

No double standards from me if that is what you are suggesting.

I said last week Amavi was entirely at fault for the goal but that Guzan was wrong to make the pass, that is two different errors.

Today Clark was responsible entirely for the mistake that led to the goal. To try and blame Richards or claim he made a mistake as well as Clark is almost laughable frankly.

Not aimed at you or anybody.

Just a general observation.

Sanchez made a mistake in the build up exactly the same as Guzan 'made a mistake' against palace.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Sanchez made a mistake in the build up exactly the same as Guzan 'made a mistake' against palace.

Definitely not all Clark's fault. Sanchez dwelt on the ball (again) and got caught out (again). It's the same problem he's had since he joined us, doesn't seem to be able to adjust to the faster pace of the premier league. Clark defended very poorly too though.  

As for Clark I thought he was so bad in the first half of the season the improvement he made in the second half seems to have been exaggerated. Still looks inexperienced and makes silly mistakes through being too eager. 

Edited by villa89

I don't think anyone is absolving Sanchez of any blame, he did make a mistake and lose the ball in a bad area, although the resulting situation should have been simple enough for Clark to nullify. The whole Clark being '100% at fault' debate was originally bought up as a poster was trying to claim Richards should also be taking some flak.

• Like 1

He shouldn't of committed himself to try win the ball and made sure he showed Lens down the line instead of letting him turn in to open up for the shot, in saying that, Clark shouldn't of been left 1v1 and Sanchez is as much at fault.

Â