Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark has took on the responsibility, he likes leading the defence and organising it. Problem with Baker and Okore they need to be organised.

I'm not sure, I think Vlaar does as other defenders struggle next to him.

It is unbelievable. I dont know whether he has improved out of sight.. or is Okore making him look good or have they just struck an unbelievable understanding together. Probably all of them. 

Big test coming up against the big sides.. lets see how this partnership goes. If they are still defending well.. Vlaar and Senderos should be on the bench when fit.

was never really his problem though, he can read the game is whats needed against teams like that. Its the big physical forwards he had problems with and seems to have got them out of his game as well

I think Clark should be made captain. He leads the huddle, he organises at the back, is constantly talking to others, and seems to thrive on the responsibility, which not all players do.

He just looks the part.

Nah, don't get me wrong he's first choice for now but that can all change. I'll need longer than a few months to be assured that the turnaround will last (and he's been terrific tbf). I'm sure Delph will be the captain from next season irrespective. For the remainder of this year if Vlaar and Gabby aren't on the pitch it should be Delph.

He's always had the talent he just let himself down with lapses of concentration.  Good to see him playing well.  I remember seeing him against Fulham on his debut thinking we have a player on our hands here.  Shame it has not worked out that way so far.  Hopefully he can continue playing well and improving.

I think Clark should be made captain. He leads the huddle, he organises at the back, is constantly talking to others, and seems to thrive on the responsibility, which not all players do.

He just looks the part.

i agree but lambert will give it to delph

The same player who some of our fickle fans were deeming not Premier League quality and barely even Championship quality not so long ago. :D

The very one. Its getting to stage he is the first player i look for on the teamsheet these days.

Clark is a leader who is playing very well ATM. He is captain material but would the extra pressure now be detrimental? He may thrive on it but for me just now I'd leave the responsibility off him as I don't want anything detracting from his and Okores flourishing partnership. Now Delph has committed and a guaranteed starter I'd make him Captain.

Â