Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he has really turned a corner and I admit at the end of last season i was one of those people who didn't want to see him or baker in a villa shirt again.

However last year was difficult for him it cant be easy playing in a counter attacking team where you have to defend solidly for 90mins.

• Like 1

Excellent yet again whilst Okore gets all plaudits.

So underrated by a large section.

Dunno what he has to do to get the credit he deserves, our defence is immense this season and he has played a massive part in this.

He's getting the credit is he not? Almost all posts on him and Okore credit both the player and the partnership.

Hell of a turnaround, really impressive. He's finally reaching his potential perhaps? It always was decent.

• Like 1

He is proving that we don't need Vlaar.

I agree, I would not want us to sign Vlaar any more because of his injuries and Clark-Okore doing so well.

I've been a fan of Ciaran for a long time. I didn't understand why Lambert dropped him last season in favour of Baker, but now...

I was so happy to see him with the armband. It totally fits him.

• Like 2

"Looking back at it, I would still want to get in there and look after my mate" - Ciaran Clark (on Jores Okore being fouled against Leicester)

Definite future captain material as things stand.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Not sure I'd put Baker on the same level as Clark or Cahill. Baker's alright but nothing more than a squad player for me.

I'd love to see Clark stay here for his entire career. He's a "pure" one-club man in that he's never played for any other team. Even Gabby was loaned out once.

Not sure I'd put Baker on the same level as Clark or Cahill. Baker's alright but nothing more than a squad player for me.

I'd love to see Clark stay here for his entire career. He's a "pure" one-club man in that he's never played for any other team. Even Gabby was loaned out once.

Baker is a different type of defender than Clark, but was playing very well at the start of the season. He is a big part of why we are joint 5th for goal against this season. I certainly wouldn't lower him now just because Clark as started to play well. 

Clark did play very well today.

It seems that our biggest headache for being crap (no defence) is now our biggest headache for knowing who to select.

I hope Vlaar doesn't now sign a 3 year contract on screw up their progress because I can see us losing one them if they don't get playing time.

I can't see Vlaar signing now. He might have done if he was still first choice but he's going to find it next to impossible to break back into the team now.

Kind of feel sorry for him a little bit. Has been great for us but injuries have been his downfall.

It is unbelievable. I dont know whether he has improved out of sight.. or is Okore making him look good or have they just struck an unbelievable understanding together. Probably all of them. 

Big test coming up against the big sides.. lets see how this partnership goes. If they are still defending well.. Vlaar and Senderos should be on the bench when fit.

Edited by KSV

Â