Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As angry as I am about the pathetic performance today, he was our best player (alongside Guzan), and has been vastly improved this season. I'd give him the armband on current form. He's certainly more of a captain than Gabby!

Got to agree with this, I can't see anyone at the club who deserves it more. A remarkable turnaround, it's just a shame that more of his colleagues aren't showing the same level of improvement. 

• Like 3

Pure class today, maybe the best I've seen him play for Villa but then again could be hyperbole due to everyone else being shit.Was very confident on the ball today as well, won us a few free kicks going past players and showed some really nice skill and quick feet under pressure. 

Baker was fantastic in his last spell.

Yes he was. Why are people being negative about one of the few positive things around?

My only concern is how Baker handles our new possession style. He will see much more of the ball than he is used to.

Pure class today, maybe the best I've seen him play for Villa but then again could be hyperbole due to everyone else being shit.Was very confident on the ball today as well, won us a few free kicks going past players and showed some really nice skill and quick feet under pressure.

He was pure class today today and nothing to do with how poor most of the others were.

Think it was Clarky who took control of a situation in the box and dribbled is way out of danger?

There's always been a really good footballing brain inside of him but for some reason he hasn't shown it the past couple of seasons. However, he's now performing at a level that we probably all thought he was capable of when he first broke into the first team.

Probably not the wisest thing in the end but I love how he reacted after that tackle on Okore, which was awful.

He's gone right up in my books this season, improved tons.

Yeah i loved seeing him do that and its not the first time he has done it this season either. Its a pity some other players hadnt as much fight. Him and Guzan are only leaders we have. He current captain should be stripped of it and given to Clark immediately.

Fair enough he was protecting his mate but given Vlaar is out I'd say it's a bit irresponsible of him to also be out for next week particularly as it was the last minute.

Nah come on. As a human being there's only so much you can reign it in. He was a little unlucky, but it wasn't a bad decision either.

Was it a straight red or his second yellow for the sending off?? - makes a difference with number of games banned for!

Just as well Baker was fit enough for the bench - looks like he'll be next to Jores next week.

Second yellow.

Cheers Stan - at least it'll be only a one match ban.

It most likely depends on how the fight in the tunnel is reported and dealt with

Ciaran Clark 24 and 107 appearances

Nathan Baker 23 and 107 appearances

Not bad for age and experience as cover which may help them. Full time first team players they are not

Not many clubs would have players of that youth and experience as squad players.

But they have that experience through necessity rather than having earned it and it shows.

Now though they can be used as cover, instead of having the weight of the villan world on their young shoulders. They could both benefit from this and being introduced into a back four unit that is working nicely will help them. Really don't like all the chuckle brother stick they've been getting as a pair, they can become good assets still IMHO.

They can and I have no real issue with that but the point I was making is that their number of appearances is the result of circumstance rather than ability, they are therefore not really plus points for the two of them.

Yes they may well be useful squad players and for making the odd appearance but beyond that I don't really see a future for them at the club.

I honestly believe if Clark was to get a chance this season we would all start to sing his praises again. He got no support last season from the rubbish we were forced to play. If you are constantly being bombarded with crosses from both wings and players constantly running at you down the middle like last season then no young CB would stand a chance.

Just like to put on record that i said this :)

Â