Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan.... Not quick enough, not tall enough, not good on the ball- Championship defender.

Got battered against hull last week, was very very poor in the first half today.

But he's clearly been our best CB this season.

• Like 2

Not a fan.... Not quick enough, not tall enough, not good on the ball- Championship defender.

Got battered against hull last week, was very very poor in the first half today.

So incredibly harsh for me.

I agree that he gets battered by physical strikers (Anichebe destroyed him a couple of seasons back, likewise N'Doye and Jelavic last week) but that's his only downfall really.  He commands well, reads the game well and looks comfortable on the ball (contrary to your view, I guess).  Only one of those fairly rare genuine left-centre backs.

He's been brilliant this season imo.

Did he catch some bloke in a Leicester jersey banging his missus? Why does he keep trying to end Leicester player's lives?

Behave - it was SUCH a good tackle!

So incredibly harsh for me.

I agree that he gets battered by physical strikers (Anichebe destroyed him a couple of seasons back, likewise N'Doye and Jelavic last week) but that's his only downfall really.  He commands well, reads the game well and looks comfortable on the ball (contrary to your view, I guess).  Only one of those fairly rare genuine left-centre backs.

He's been brilliant this season imo.

Did he catch some bloke in a Leicester jersey banging his missus? Why does he keep trying to end Leicester player's lives?

Behave - it was SUCH a good tackle!

Yes it's harsh- he ain't Martin Laursen who would never get battered by such average players.

I do like his crunching tackles though :)

• Like 1

Player of the season?

His reading of the game and timing of big tackles are so impressive.  First name on the team sheet for me.  Honestly.

Really agree with this. He's managed to cut out the mistakes he used to make and he's been our most consistent player this year along with Hutton.

Yes it's harsh- he ain't Martin Laursen who would never get battered by such average players.

I'm not sure we'll ever have a CB as good as Laursen (when he was fit and playing) again.

• Like 3

I'm not sure we'll ever have a CB as good as Laursen (when he was fit and playing) again.

Best signing I've seen (Laursen).  £3m.  Holy crap :D

• Like 1

Fault for their goal, can't help but think that it wouldn't be a goal if Okore played instead. Okore is much more stronger.

Hutton at fault for me.  Get rid ffs.

Harsh that. One mistake and you want him out of the club.  :D

• Like 1

Peter crouch will batter him next week.

Occasionally he puts a good challenge in, and genuinely believe he gives 100 %

He just isn't good enough,

Unless the team is to be at the bottom or in the championship.

Fault for their goal, can't help but think that it wouldn't be a goal if Okore played instead. Okore is much more stronger.

Harsh that. One mistake and you want him out of the club.  :D

LAMBERT O... no, wait :(

Okore would have won the header anyway, Clark is just too weak as a CB to me.

Okore would have won the header anyway, Clark is just too weak as a CB to me.

For whatever it's worth, Clark was "dragged" to the wrong position.  He's our left-sided centre back yet found himself tracking a player to the front post.  He was probably wrong footed to an extent.  Okore plays right-side (even when Vlaar plays from what I remember?) and is also more athletic.

Maybe Okore clears, maybe he doesn't (great header to be fair) - but the ball shouldn't have been coming in that quickly in the first place.  Hutton needed to clear, he passed it out.  No real slight on Hutton who has been fantastic for us since coming back from the cold, but not Clark's error imo.

Â