Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Fair play to him, i really didn't think he had it in him to turn it around but he just continues to look stronger and stronger each game.

He did it before (can't remember exact time details) when he was looking good before an injury.  He then came back and lacked confidence; making some mistakes in the process.  However, he's always been the more composed defender out of him and Baker for me. Baker is a better "last ditch" defender but Clark has more to his game.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy for Ciaran. He's gaining in confidence every game. Lambert has some tough decisions to make when all five CB's are fit. He may well stick Clark to LB again. I probably would.

I think that would be the worst thing you could do. You have a player who is playing well at CB and has known limitations at LB. To move him out could damage the confidence he has started to build up in the center

You may be right. But would you rather he didn't play at all?

Very happy for Ciaran. He's gaining in confidence every game. Lambert has some tough decisions to make when all five CB's are fit. He may well stick Clark to LB again. I probably would.

That wouldn't be fair on Ally 'who today shackled Valancia , hence him going off .

That wouldn't be fair on Ally 'who today shackled Valancia , hence him going off .

I know, there's no fair decision here.

I've been a fan for a long time, but even with all the defensively good games he's had he still lacks confidence with the ball. He always plays the safest option, which infuriates me. You are great Ciaran, believe in yourself a little more!

He has trouble going forward, which is why I don't like him at LB. Worst case is that he has a poor game and it ends his good run. I wish he could stay as CB.

• 2 weeks later...

Was it a straight red or his second yellow for the sending off?? - makes a difference with number of games banned for!

Just as well Baker was fit enough for the bench - looks like he'll be next to Jores next week.

Second yellow.

• Like 1

Was it a straight red or his second yellow for the sending off?? - makes a difference with number of games banned for!

Just as well Baker was fit enough for the bench - looks like he'll be next to Jores next week.

Second yellow.

Cheers Stan - at least it'll be only a one match ban.

• Like 1

Fair enough he was protecting his mate but given Vlaar is out I'd say it's a bit irresponsible of him to also be out for next week particularly as it was the last minute.

Means we'll have to throw in Baker against Liverpool next week and he's been out two months so can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

Â