Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Disagree on Clark. Happy for him to be in the squad although it seems PL prefers Baker. Suspect he probably will be on his way next summer though. Both are fighting for only 4th spot though ( assuming jores ever get's his fitness back )

Remember the days when Man United were supposed to be sniffing around him? :)

I prefer him to Baker but only just, neither are good enough and one should go out on loan but wouldn't be sorry to see either sold.

There defence is pretty bad these days, maybe they should consider him again :P

I used to prefer Clark, buy now I prefer Baker. Clark's supposedly the better footballer of the two, but I see Baker as a much better defender. Baker also didn't do too badly at left-back when Cissokho went off injured in against Newcastle.

Stick him in DM as cover.

He's good cover for there or CB I reckon.

Hopefully both him and Baker long term will have everyone eating Hutton/Senderos/Westwood style humble pie.

Unfortunately it looks like Bent has eaten all the portions of humble pie that were destined for VillaTalk somewhat affecting his mobility.

Ciaran Clark 24 and 107 appearances

Nathan Baker 23 and 107 appearances

Not bad for age and experience as cover which may help them.  Full time first team players they are not

Not many clubs would have players of that youth and experience as squad players.

Â