Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me now its time to accept that neither Clark or Baker are good enough for Villa. Its not something I want to accept as I really like the idea of having as many academy graduates as possible coming through but neither are up to scratch.

For me now its time to accept that neither Clark or Baker are good enough for Villa. Its not something I want to accept as I really like the idea of having as many academy graduates as possible coming through but neither are up to scratch.

I really want one these to do it too, but just can't see it. They have a stable couple of games then go shit. Clark was dreadful today.

Neither Clark or Baker are good enough.

Combined into one player they would be good but they are both missing essential parts. They'll continue to get an easy ride since they're from the academy but they need to be replaced

Before Clark was dropped for Baker, Clark was doing outstandingly well. He comes back in after a month hiatus against Man United and doesn't have the best match so suddenly he is shite and needs to be replaced. Okay.

• Like 2

I can tolerate Clark remaining as 4th choice centre-back as I'm not sure we'll get anybody better as guarenteed back-up but we really do need another centre-back who will be good enough to vie with and push both Vlaar and especially Okore next season. If we go into next season with both Clark and Baker as our shadow pairing then that will be a bad misjudgement.

Absolutely. With our without Ron Vlaar to hold his hand, Clark looks shit scared every time a defender is running at him, can't mark, poor positioning, crap concentration, weak in the air and can't pass. Baker is exactly the same. Played together they are the worst CB pairing in the league and are targeted by other teams.

Both liabilities need to be shipped out in the summer. They have had their chance!

He really wasn't as bad as some of you are making out . . . he made some positioning errors, but none of the goals were solely his fault. He also made a few crucial tackles, which is easy to forget after a big defeat. Both Clark and Baker are good enough as 3rd or 4th choice centre backs. We're not going to be able to get anybody else better in the price range we're talking about. 

He really wasn't as bad as some of you are making out . . . he made some positioning errors, but none of the goals were solely his fault. He also made a few crucial tackles, which is easy to forget after a big defeat. Both Clark and Baker are good enough as 3rd or 4th choice centre backs. We're not going to be able to get anybody else better in the price range we're talking about. 

The problem is there is absolutely no progression with him, no sign of improvement or of development. He just keeps on making errors and often the same errors.

I just don't think he is a PL standard CB even as 3rd or 4th choice.

• Like 1

The problem is there is absolutely no progression with him, no sign of improvement or of development. He just keeps on making errors and often the same errors.

I just don't think he is a PL standard CB even as 3rd or 4th choice.

I agree totally..he never seems to learn from an error.

He was once tipped to be a star and a future England caption, before he chose to play for Ireland of course...but he is still getting caught out in the same way as when he first started playing in the team...he's got almost 100 games under his belt now surely, so inexperience is no longer an excuse...

Before Clark was dropped for Baker, Clark was doing outstandingly well. He comes back in after a month hiatus against Man United and doesn't have the best match so suddenly he is shite and needs to be replaced. Okay.

This.

There was no reason to put Baker in a couple weeks ago. Clark was doing well, just read back a few pages. Now we have two young CBs low on confidence.

Outstandingly well? I don't think so.

And personally I don't 'suddenly' think he is no good, I've had 86 games to come to that conclusion.

Â