Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

His positioning is very poor.For the 2nd goall, probably the killer goal, i'm not sure what he was supposed to be doing.You could argue he was n't in the right position for the 3rd goal either.

Hes never going to be any good, i would rather play Okores and let him sink or swim than play Clark tbh

• Like 4

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely to blame for 2nd goal but overall performance wasn't great either. Should definitely have scored and would have done if headed back across the 'keeper, which should be common practice.

Surely 5th choice when all CB's are fit?

He's looked no worse than Senderos in this game.

Difference between the two is that Senderos has looked good with two other partners this season, whereas I am struggling to remember Clark looking good with any partner. It is like he drags them all down to his level.

Hopefully Okore can step up to the level required, then we won't be seeing much more of Clark in the team, as he will be at 5th choice in the ranking.

I actually thought he was o.k first half, was quite agressive and heading it away from a few corners. We are a bit leaden footed at the back though, that was my main worry the first team we played a team with real pace and quality upfront as we saw today.

Different game if he scores his chance at 0-0 though, should've buried it from that range.

there is no point in making him into a scape goat, only defender who was any good today for us was Hutton

All the defenders, including Sissokho, were fine, except the one who seemed to say "on you go Danny, you run along over there and I'll just stand here with my back to you".

Apart from Sissokho playing for Newcastle instead of defending for us and then changing his name slightly and scoring a unlucky but needless own goal.

there is no point in making him into a scape goat, only defender who was any good today for us was Hutton

All the defenders, including Sissokho, were fine, except the one who seemed to say "on you go Danny, you run along over there and I'll just stand here with my back to you".

Apart from Sissokho playing for Newcastle instead of defending for us and then changing his name slightly and scoring a unlucky but needless own goal.

It wasn't completely needless. He needed to get a touch on it. Just not such a perfectly-timed heavy touch. (I promise to research the correct spelling of his name and return to VT the better for it).

It wasn't completely needless. He needed to get a touch on it. Just not such a perfectly-timed heavy touch. (I promise to research the correct spelling of his name and return to VT the better for it).

It's true he wasn't great today and this is his second own goal, but he's still the best left back we have had in years although the competition hasn't been great.

Looked to be heading well wide from where i was sat

Looked to be heading well wide from where i was sat

It would have gone wide, but there was a narsenal player ready to send it back across the face.

Could be the final nail in the coffin for him unfortunately. Today was nowhere near good enough. 

I agree. He's a talented footballer, but if you're a central defender you need to know where the attacking players are in the box, and not let them run around without following them. Basic stuff which he's had long enough to learn. Does anyone who's watched the second goal again disagree?

Could be the final nail in the coffin for him unfortunately. Today was nowhere near good enough. 

I agree. He's a talented footballer, but if you're a central defender you need to know where the attacking players are in the box, and not let them run around without following them. Basic stuff which he's had long enough to learn. Does anyone who's watched the second goal again disagree?

Agree - people can say what they want about Baker but he would've done a lot better today IMO.

Â