Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ciaran proved today he is a player even without Vlaar. Good game on an otherwise depleted side.

Its a pity Baker tars him with the same brush as himself when they play. Hopefully Villa fans have the foresight to see this.

Ciaran proved today he is a player even without Vlaar. Good game on an otherwise depleted side.

Its a pity Baker tars him with the same brush as himself when they play. Hopefully Villa fans have the foresight to see this.

That is what I'm trying to say aswell. I hate it when people still talk about them as a pair that's an accident waiting to happen. Clark is clearly on another level.

• Like 1

I would like to see Clark Okore next season. Even though Okore is young, he seems really experienced. I hope we never have to witness Clark Baker again. For whatever reason, both players fall apart when played together, despite both showing posative signs when playing with Vlaar.

I would like to see Clark Okore next season. Even though Okore is young, he seems really experienced. I hope we never have to witness Clark Baker again. For whatever reason, both players fall apart when played together, despite both showing posative signs when playing with Vlaar.

They are both (Clark and Baker) left footed CBs, I personally prefer Herd to play as right CB.

They are both (Clark and Baker) left footed CBs, I personally prefer Herd to play as right CB.

Teams play with two right footed center backs literally all the time with no issue.

Teams play with two right footed center backs literally all the time with no issue.

I cannot think of a team that has two inexperienced left footed CBs at the heart of their defence. We are unique  :)

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I cannot think of a team that has two inexperienced left footed CBs at the heart of their defence. We are unique :)

The inexperience would be the issue then, not that they're left footed. You can easily play with two lefties, but lefties are rarer so teams play with two righties much more often than too lefties. If you can play with two righties, you can play with two lefties

I cannot think of a team that has two inexperienced left footed CBs at the heart of their defence. We are unique :)

The inexperience would be the issue then, not that they're left footed. You can easily play with two lefties, but lefties are rarer so teams play with two righties much more often than too lefties. If you can play with two righties, you can play with two lefties

You are quite rightie.

• 2 weeks later...

Should of come on today for Ryan but hay ho 'lambert knows best'.

I recall him playing DM under GH and looked half decent. Anyone else think it should be an option to explore? Would give us a bit of height and bite in MID. Would also give us someone who can tackle in the middle of the park too

Should of come on today for Ryan but hay ho 'lambert knows best'.

I recall him playing DM under GH and looked half decent. Anyone else think it should be an option to explore? Would give us a bit of height and bite in MID. Would also give us someone who can tackle in the middle of the park too

I wholeheartedly agree.

I was always worried about his lack of pace being exposed at CH but he always looked very comfortable on the ball (especially when compared to Baker!). He has played well in the DM role in the past, even getting forward and scoring. A better option than Sylla? Definitely.

You won't see Clark in midfield under Lambert one of first things he said when taking over was Clark was not a midfielder ..weird as he played well enough there under previous managers and even chipped in with some goals.

I'd have him over Sylla right now who looks shocking .

Why is it so many players seemed to have gona backwards under Lambert ?

• 3 weeks later...

With Bertrand unavailable wonder if CC will get a run out in a back three/five today. Still odd how he has been dropped recently. Thought earlier in the season he and vlaar were looking better together.

Think it's probably less 'dropped', more 'rotated'. He didn't do anything wrong in particular. He'll be back soon, possibly today as you say. 

Â