Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Clark has been pretty good this season but he obviously struggles against players like Anichebe, he needs to work on that. He also tends to get too close to the strikers but hopefully they'll be able to coach that out of him.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Okore returns he'll drop back to his rightful place on the bench. Although he has improved a bit this year, he still worries me every time I see him with his crap positioning and tendency to hoof the ball. Without Vlaar he looks even worse.

He's not such bad backup with an experienced head alongside him but I woulldnt expect him to make the position his own really, Okore showed more in three games than Clark has done in 18 months of being pretty much an ever-present.

Not a big fan of Clark, but fairs fair he has improved this year, and been quite consistently good this season.At the start of the season i would have said get rid, but now i am quite happy for him to remain and be a 3rd or 4th choice CB.Would prefer Vlaar and Okores as the 1st choice, but Clark deserves credit this season.Thought he played quite well again last night, against a player he had a very poor game not long ago. 

Absolutely nothing he could do to change the mind of some Villa fans. Don't understand the hate personally, especially this season.

I haven't seen any 'hate', it's just that Okore is simply a better player in many people's opinion.

Not a big fan of Clark, but fairs fair he has improved this year, and been quite consistently good this season.At the start of the season i would have said get rid, but now i am quite happy for him to remain and be a 3rd or 4th choice CB.Would prefer Vlaar and Okores as the 1st choice, but Clark deserves credit this season.Thought he played quite well again last night, against a player he had a very poor game not long ago.

That's pretty much the same as how I feel. Decent, but still not good enough.

Absolutely nothing he could do to change the mind of some Villa fans. Don't understand the hate personally, especially this season.

I haven't seen any 'hate', it's just that Okore is simply a better player in many people's opinion.

I haven't seen anything to suggest Okore will be better than Clark, he has hardly played for us at all. Okore has potential but how many players with so called potential have we seen down the years at Villa??

Clark and Vlaar is a decent partnership, if we had somedody who could play at right back who could actually defend and a quality DM I think we would be pretty solid. Clark has improved loads since last season

And you say that after seeing Okore play how many games?

I like Okore, he is good quality. But how good, I don't know yet. I do know Clark is good though, and he has deserved my trust.

When Okore returns he'll drop back to his rightful place on the bench. Although he has improved a bit this year, he still worries me every time I see him with his crap positioning and tendency to hoof the ball. Without Vlaar he looks even worse.

He's not such bad backup with an experienced head alongside him but I woulldnt expect him to make the position his own really, Okore showed more in three games than Clark has done in 18 months of being pretty much an ever-present.

Pure fiction and bull.

• Like 2

To be honest its not even worth a response.

• Like 2

Guys, like I said in a different post a while ago, as much as I hope I am wrong, can you explain where all this Okore hype is from?

Clark has played reasonably well (apart from mindless hoofing) and deserves his spot in front of Baker. I hope you take into consideration the fact that Okore might be a different player when he comes back (it is a MASSIVE injury) and that we haven't seen a lot of him. Clark and Vlaar will easily get us through the season, and Okore will have to prove he can perform better then Clark. 3 games in the start of the season are not the best evidence to judge a player, unless you are ready to say that Luna is a great left back.

Edited by Mic09

Guys, like I said in a different post a while ago, as much as I hope I am wrong, can you explain where all this Okore hype is from?

Clark has played reasonably well (apart from mindless hoofing) and deserves his spot in front of Baker. I hope you take into consideration the fact that Okore might be a different player when he comes back (it is a MASSIVE injury) and that we haven't seen a lot of him. Clark and Vlaar will easily get us through the season, and Okore will have to prove he can perform better then Clark. 3 games in the start of the season are not the best evidence to judge a player, unless you are ready to say that Luna is a great left back.

Okore was very highly rated before joining Villa and turned down Chelsea. Obviously not proven at the prem level, so there's a chance he won't work out, but he was viewed as the biggest get last summer.

Â