Barry Bannan

villianusa

Some good tactical coaching and a good set of team-mates is all he needs. The technical ability is there. There's no guarantee he'll succeed here, but I'm far from writing him off either. There was a period early on last season where he looked like solidifying his place in the side with a sequence of a few very good performances.

I expect most if not all of the squad will up their game for Lambert. The real winner will be the fans and the club :)

Agreed, think bannan has more to offer.. Just hoping he doesnt leave on a free in 2 years, if he becomes a good player..

Can't wait for us to sign some players, and get the season under way.. Wouldnt catch me saying that last year..:P

Not good enough IMO, 3 1/2 years since his debut and has offered nothing and if I was Lambert I would get rid now.

He is a the epitomy of a luxury player. The most frustrating thing is he doesn't link play, instead he tries to play 40 yard balls which usually end up on the head of the opposition.

I think he will not be here for long under Lambert. Hasn't really shown anything to justify his place in the squad for me.

Like all the young players deserves a fresh start under the new manager. I'm sure Lambert has watched enough videos of Bannan in the past couple of weeks to know if he wants to work with the lad and if he does we should give him ample time to do so before writing him off.

I hope so, the guy clearly has talent, but he has been poorl;y managed imo. Look at the number of hollywood balls we plays and get intercepted, cut out or are over hit. Fergie would bashthat out of him from day one. Scholes plays 99 short passes to every long one, Bannan is like 50/50!

Sort him out, give him a disciplined job and I think he could be a very useful addition to the squad

Every player should get a chance under Lambert and I'm sure Bannan will have his. I used to really rate him but I have to say I seriously doubt his attitude and commitment. If he was a bit more like Milner in attitude rather than Hendrie we would be on to something. Personally I think he will be moved on to a Championship club beore the end of the summer

Wee Barry loves talking to the press, doesn't he? If I were him I'd get my head down and work hard to prove my case for inclusion in the first team squad, not go blabbing every 5 minutes to journos about how he welcomes Lambert, it's his make or break season, etc.

We needed another player in midfield last season + a replacement for Petrov. So if we only get two in I wouldnt worry *too much* about Baz. I do think we'll sell one of Bannan, Delph and Makoun though. I think we should keep all 3 but understand that having 3 players yet to prove themselves in the Prem +Gardner, Herd, maybe Clark is a risk and those initial 3 would be more likely to leave.