Barry Bannan

villianusa

Look for a thread on the young man but couldn't find one. If there is could a mod please merge them.

From the bit I have seen of him I think he has a good future ahead of him but I hear others stating he is too small; he'll never make it in the top division.

I am not from that particular school of thought so would like to hear recent views from people have seen him in the pre-season friendlies.

Thanks,

For his size he's quite tenacious and doesn't seem to shy away from physical side of the game. Players of similar stature have gone on to good things, I have every hope Bannan will go the same way.

What would you say his best talents are? Again from the little I have seen he could be someone who is able to open defenses. Not saying we haven't got players who do a decent job but I feel it comes natural to him.

That was also the last I heard, he was a trouble kid

He's no worse than the rest of them

I don't know much about him to be honest,think it was MM who said he didn't have future in the club

H Mmmmmmm

I don't know much about him to be honest,think it was MM who said he didn't have future in the club

I think this is more to do with his size or ability to be honest

I think this is more to his size or ability to be honest

Can't be his size, just think about Messi :-)

Have only seen glimpses of Bannan in which he has looked good. With his size though he would have to be in a 5 man CM I would have thought.

Could I ask why you think that? Is it because he has short legs and it takes him longer to get across the field? Or down to him getting knocked off the ball a lot?

If he is good enough then size doesn't matter. I have seen plenty of big players who made it and they were crap.

No Heskey jokes please. :P

Didnt see much of him last year.

looked a good prospect the year before.

I know there were some rumoured disciplinary problems at blackpool.

Did he actually play much for them? he was a sub when they got promoted I think.

doesnt look too good if he couldnt force his way in at the lower level

Didnt see much of him last year.

looked a good prospect the year before.

I know there were some rumoured disciplinary problems at blackpool.

Did he actually play much for them? he was a sub when they got promoted I think.

doesnt look too good if he couldnt force his way in at the lower level

Mate of mine is a Seasiders season-ticket holder, reckoned Bannan was very good last year and easily their most skillful player... also thought he was a little lightweight and needed another year in the championship before he was ready for the top flight.

Have only seen glimpses of Bannan in which he has looked good. With his size though he would have to be in a 5 man CM I would have thought.

Could I ask why you think that? Is it because he has short legs and it takes him longer to get across the field? Or down to him getting knocked off the ball a lot?

If he is good enough then size doesn't matter. I have seen plenty of big players who made it and they were crap.

No Heskey jokes please. :P

Because I think to play two in CM in the modern game is very difficult and you probably need a strong athletic pairing with good technical ability, like Viera and Petit, to get away with it nowadays, certainly against the better sides.