Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan will be shipped out soon enough when Lambert has been given enough funds to reshape our whole squad. He simply isn't good enough and continually using whatever excuse comes to mind will not hide that fact. I hope he is nowhere near our first team come the start of the season.

interesting stat: Of all players to attempt 50+ crosses when starting in wide positions last season, Barry Bannan had the best accuracy across Europe (41.2%)

Not doubting you, but where's that stat from?

tweeted by Martin Laurence who is "Football statistician, analyst, writer & Editor in Chief for whoscored.com and the official AVFC blogger for birmingham post"

Bannan will be shipped out soon enough when Lambert has been given enough funds to reshape our whole squad. He simply isn't good enough and continually using whatever excuse comes to mind will not hide that fact. I hope he is nowhere near our first team come the start of the season.

If you can't see the potential in Bannan then you should probably give up on watching football.

Bannan has looked very good in pre-season. We seem to have a very competitive midfield now.

Holman, El Ahmadi, Bannan, Ireland, Delph, N'Zogbia, Gardner, Johnson etc

Hopefully it's a competitive atmosphere Bannan can thrive in.

What potential and what has he done to justify your faith in him?

I'll ignore the other comment which has point scoring written all over it. :suspect:

How do you define potential, old chap, and how do you qualify "what has he done"? If I can calibrate myself to the way you are thinking I might be able to appreciate your viewpoint.

I would agree with others and say he has been our outstanding player this pre-season and when you consider he is sharing a pitch with N'Zog (who cost in excess of ten million) and Ireland (who was rated one of the outstanding young players in the Premier League a couple of years back) that is no mean feat (in my opinion).

Bannan and Clark will be two Bodymoor lads who will kick on greatly this year, I feel. They look physically stronger this summer and every inch Premier League footballers (imo).

Think in a team that's is playing passing possession football he will be extremely good for us...him, el ahmadi and Ireland could link up very well....

The only concern I would have is how those three would work when needing to regain possession, or against a team that stops us passing.

Think in a team that's is playing passing possession football he will be extremely good for us...him, el ahmadi and Ireland could link up very well....

The only concern I would have is how those three would work when needing to regain possession, or against a team that stops us passing.

that depends on how PL organises them, you don't have to be a massive bastard to win the ball back. look at barca when they lose the ball, or what about makalele? remember him, he wasn't exactly built like a brick shit house was he?

if PL can get this group to run well off the ball and hunt in packs, there's no reason why bannan and ireland can't be very usefull in teh defensive phase too. i know they aren't exactly noted for tackling, but organised well applying pressure and closing space then they can help get it back plenty well enough IMO.

I'll ignore the other comment which has point scoring written all over it. :suspect:

How do you define potential, old chap, and how do you qualify "what has he done"? If I can calibrate myself to the way you are thinking I might be able to appreciate your viewpoint.

I would agree with others and say he has been our outstanding player this pre-season and when you consider he is sharing a pitch with N'Zog (who cost in excess of ten million) and Ireland (who was rated one of the outstanding young players in the Premier League a couple of years back) that is no mean feat (in my opinion).

Bannan and Clark will be two Bodymoor lads who will kick on greatly this year, I feel. They look physically stronger this summer and every inch Premier League footballers (imo).

Stopped reading when you mentioned N'Zogbia and Ireland in context.

He's been far and away our best player in pre-season, have you not watched any of the games? Or do you for whatever reason harbour some bitter resentment for the player?

I don't resent any player that pulls on our shirt. I just don't think Bannan is good enough for the Premiership even if he has played well against a few American teams.