Barry Bannan

villianusa

I've heard it from very close to the player that he is desperate for a move this summer, 3rd manager in a row that has told him he's not big enough for the PL.

Was it one of the borrowers?

:lol:

Its not his size that is the problem. Plenty of smaller players have excelled in the top division such as Keegan, Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles, Zola, Tevez, Rooney and so on.

Its just that, he isn't very good.

I've heard it from very close to the player that he is desperate for a move this summer, 3rd manager in a row that has told him he's not big enough for the PL.

Its not his size that is the problem. Plenty of smaller players have excelled in the top division such as Keegan, Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles, Zola, Tevez, Rooney and so on.

100% this. Dreadful decision maker, and I'm yet to see a real quality pass since the one for Albrighton v Fulham last year.

Totally agree.

Agree, it's not his size. The thing that bothers me about Barry is how he always loses the ball and then has no hence of winning it back (without fouling). Most successful small players have very quick feet and are damn hard to take it away from, but Barry seems to lose the ball every time he's hallenged. Not a good sign.

Totally agree 'olivevilla.' Normally players with a low sense of gravity have strong upper body strength and are dam hard to shake off the ball but seemingly this isn't the case with Bannan. He has never really shown me anything to suggest that he can be a linch pin in our midfield for years to come.

In a technical team he might do alright but basically he has no pace or strength. To play at the top level without either of those things you need to be very good technically and have the right mentality which I don't think he does.

Would shine for Swansea.

Would shine under any manager who wants to play modern football. I hope we get one next or Bannan and most of our higher quality young players will be off to better teams.

Yep - also he needs to play centrally, i'd like us to play 3 in the middle next season

big fan of barry, as is my lad. however, i have not seen him turn a game at any stage of the season. as a smaller player, he needs to make an impact when given a chance, and i can't, even with my most rose tinted glasses on, say that he (or, in fairness, any other villa player) has done that...

one more season for me, but in last few games, have been more interested to see what carruthers can do, than bring barry on, which just about tells me all i need to know...

Before McLeish got his system in place at this club Bannan was playing well. He started out the season great and looked like he had a really good young player on our hands. Then time passed and McLeish said no attacking mids actually are defending mids. McLeish has **** up our youth so bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like the comments Bannan was making all season about Villa;

BBannan25: Night to forget for me ... Sorry to all the travelling fans for letting the down ... Great support again and hopefully we can repay u bck ! 

Not a fan. Loses the ball, hits hollywood passes to nobody. Sure he'll shoot from outside the box, but it goes (well) over the bar each and every time.

I seriously don't see what others see in him...

I think people have seen a lot of Barry in the reserves and seen just what quality he has on the ball. I mean technically he is incredible, the problem seems to be his match effectiveness. At the top level he doesn't seem to know when to keep it simple, like another poster said, too many Hollywood passes but it must be frustrating for him as he knows he can pull them off.

I think a good start for Barry would be to keep it simple, and as he gains confidence start going for more. He certainly has quality, that is there for all to see.