Barry Bannan

villianusa

He was one of our best (2nd best behind Gabby) at start of the season, linked with Man U and Liverpool. His countries shining light.. Right up until he got caught drink driving. Hope he catches his earlier form cause I still think him and Gardner could be a top pairing in the middle for us. Albrighton also plays better when Bannan is on the pitch (If only he can find that final ball he had 12 months ago).

I've heard it from very close to the player that he is desperate for a move this summer, 3rd manager in a row that has told him he's not big enough for the PL.

I've heard it from very close to the player that he is desperate for a move this summer, 3rd manager in a row that has told him he's not big enough for the PL.

3rd manager in a row????? Thought Houllier really liked him as player and said he had a bright future.....

He is going to be too small for Mcleish's "style" of football as he doesnt repeatly kick people in the air (see link to Karl Henry).

Like others have said at the start of the season (prior to driving accident) he looked very bright, unfortunately since then he has gone off the boil. Still think there is a good player there and would flourish under a different manager who enjoyed passing football.

If were talking about cutting wages i think this player should be off the wage bill asap I have seen nothing from him to suggest he's going to become a decent player

Championship maybe but not up to PL standard

I think he should follow Steve Davis up to Scotland

Good player, a manager like martinez would really get him playing, similar to the way he has gotten shaun maloney on form.

At the same time he is nothing special, want him to stay, wouldn`t really care if he went.

Like others have said at the start of the season (prior to driving accident) he looked very bright, unfortunately since then he has gone off the boil. Still think there is a good player there and would flourish under a different manager who enjoyed passing football.

I wouldn't say he's "gone off the boil". I think he has shown some glimpses of potential (mostly last year under Ged) and he has failed to progress at all since then. Now, of course our manager is partially responsible for that, but I'd have to say it just doesn't look like its gonna work out for him here. Is he good enough for the Premier League? I don't think so but I'd love to see him overcome his lack of size and find a way to exert more influence on the game. It just seems like he's never able to find the space he requires.

I think its time for him to go. We have enough of our "kids" in and around the team. We might as well shift 1 or 2 who look like they might not make it to make some room in the squad to bring in the experience we need to surround our kids with.

I still think in the right system under the right manager, this fella could be a magician. There's definitely a great little player in there. It just remains to be seen whether we'll see that on a consistent basis at Villa. Our next managerial appointment will decide that.

I guess the likes of Collins and Delph have gone wrong by not insulting blues fans. Seems everything is ok as long as you do that.

Poor player and IMO his drink driving was worse than anything other players have done over the last couple of years.

I still think in the right system under the right manager, this fella could be a magician. There's definitely a great little player in there. It just remains to be seen whether we'll see that on a consistent basis at Villa. Our next managerial appointment will decide that.

Have we really seen any level of 'magic' from him though?. Maybe in the reserves, but then again if you took Wigan's best players and put them in the reserve league they'd look magic.

That's his level at the moment I feel, a low level premier league or high championship team. Which we are fairness, but we want a lot better.