Barry Bannan

villianusa

"he is 5 foot, when does he ever get a chance to head the ball"

So, therefore it is a weakness to his game.

"Xavi and Paul Scholes" (aren't quick)

Yet more than compensate for that in other parts of their game.

"He has quite a decent shot"

That explains why he has the grand total of zero goals from open play in the premier league for us.

"Not really his fault" (in reference to scoring)

He has managed 1 league goal each for 3 different clubs. Suggests to me he is part of the team problem!

Lay of the kid, jeez. He's a creative player in a team with no movement and no-one ahead of him to pass to AND he's being played out of position AND he's playing for a side manged by Alex McLeish. It's hardly the best environment for him at the moment.

He's got talent. Whether he'll ever be a regular for us remains to be seen, but let's not write him off just yet hey?

too much of an ego. he thinks he is world class but his ball retention is awful.

people say he has an eye for a pass, If by that people mean he can knock the ball 50/60 yards to the opposing centre half or through to the goalkeeper then I suppose he has.

He is far too lightweight for the premiership and he appears to be a complete clearing in the woods which doesnt help.

too much of an ego. he thinks he is world class but his ball retention is awful.

people say he has an eye for a pass, If by that people mean he can knock the ball 50/60 yards to the opposing centre half or through to the goalkeeper then I suppose he has.

He is far too lightweight for the premiership and he appears to be a complete clearing in the woods which doesnt help.

Would you call Modric too lightweight to play in the PL? they are about the same height and weight..The fact is Modric is a great player despite his Physical attributes...

How on earth have 159 pages been generated on BB
Mainly from people asking how on earth X pages have been generated on BB :P (and people responding).

Would you call Modric too lightweight to play in the PL? they are about the same height and weight..The fact is Modric is a great player despite his Physical attributes...

modric is a technically gifted footballer who is very intelligent and clever and he has a good range of passing. he also has the ability to find space and utilise it well.

Bannan is just small and has none of the other qualities.

A warning to those currently cooing over Weinman, Lichaj, and Carruthers - mark my words we will be on here slating those in a couple of years.

The premier league attracts the best players from all over the world. You are highly unlikely to find six or seven such calibre players in your own academy.

perhaps the ego steps in with these players. they think that once they've played a few games that they've 'made it' and stop trying. i last heard stefan moore is driving a cab for extra cash as he doesn't earn enough playing for halesowen town or something to make ends meet...classic example of stopping your work rate. bannan could be another of these...possibly not as extreme as moore but along the same lines. i just hope that the latest crop of youngsters we have breaking through keep up their hunger and don't go down the same road as i can see bannan back in the championship before too long...yes, probably playing for us!

perhaps the ego steps in with these players. they think that once they've played a few games that they've 'made it' and stop trying. i last heard stefan moore is driving a cab for extra cash as he doesn't earn enough playing for halesowen town or something to make ends meet...classic example of stopping your work rate. bannan could be another of these...possibly not as extreme as moore but along the same lines. i just hope that the latest crop of youngsters we have breaking through keep up their hunger and don't go down the same road as i can see bannan back in the championship before too long...yes, probably playing for us!

I actually think the ultra high work rate and lack of fear in the first six games gets them by. but of course this is unsustainable - a good manager\chairman etc would recognize this honeymoon period for what it is.

Unfortunatley we are still pissing around with Albrighton/Bannan - and scratching our heads as to why they can't perform like they did in there first few games

We missed Barry's set-pieces today our corners were absolutely dreadful.

we haven't scored from a corner since 2010 so I would have to disagree with that statement

If we want to get the best out of him, he needs to be playing in the center of the pitch. Problem is we have Herd, Ireland, Gardner, Clark, and Bannan all vying for those 2 spots so if Bannan wants to play he needs to adjust his game for playing wider.