The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we get big money for him and somehow are able to all invest all of in to new players then im happy for him to leave. 

The reason we will sell him is because we can't spend this money in the first place. Spending the money would just put us in this same position, may as well keep jack.

Edited by Nigel

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we get big money for him and somehow are able to all invest all of in to new players then im happy for him to leave. 

That would certainly be better than just selling him so we can pay the bills but I still wouldn't be happy. I'd be more gutted about him leaving than any other player that has ever left. The thought of seeing him in another teams shirt is too much to handle.

• Like 1

Think we’ll know more about jack’s future in the next 60 minutes when today’s team against burton is announced.

if he’s in the team, I reckon we’ll keep hold of him for this season.

Rumours are Spudzzz want this completing ahead of their preseason tour. (Also wonder if they’ll pursue Zaha now instead after his alleged rejection of a new palace contract) 

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Think we’ll know more about jack’s future in the next 60 minutes when today’s team against burton is announced.

if he’s in the team, I reckon we’ll keep hold of him for this season.

Rumours are Spudzzz want this completing ahead of their preseason tour. (Also wonder if they’ll pursue Zaha now instead after his alleged rejection of a new palace contract) 

According to the em he is starting. Still under the transfer cloud though.

• Thanks 1

I really don’t want him to go but can’t help thinking it will stiffle his progression as a player if he stays

Also players who play championship football have very little chance of making it into the England squad

1 minute ago, Vincenzo said:

I really don’t want him to go but can’t help thinking it will stiffle his progression as a player if he stays

Also players who play championship football have very little chance of making it into the England squad

Nothing will stiffle it more than being a bit part player! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Nothing will stiffle it more than being a bit part player! 

Well if he is that good he won't be a bit part player. 

And if he becomes a bit part player maybe he's not as good as we all make out. 

I do not deny he is the best player at the club right now but in all seriousness, the bar has been set pretty low over the past 6+ years hasn't it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

I couldn't give toss about Jacks career, or his chances of a England call up should he leave. 

I support Aston Villa not Jack Grealish. 

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well if he is that good he won't be a bit part player. 

And if he becomes a bit part player maybe he's not as good as we all make out. 

I do not deny he is the best player at the club right now but in all seriousness, the bar has been set pretty low over the past 6+ years hasn't it? 

Not really the whole story!

You have to factor in that they already have a top 4 squad, who is he going to replace and keep out of the side? First drop in form and he's dropped.

He will still be unproven to them,  no matter how good we know he is.

Also he has only really been playing at this level for a half season, surely it's best for his career to see if he can keep it up for a whole year before having to do it under pressure?

Edited by Nigel

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

Not really the while story!

You have to factor in that they already have a top 4 squad, who is he going to replace and keep out of the side? First drop in form and he's dropped.

He will still be unproven to them.

If he is good enough he will play. Ali came from league one and went straight in to the first team never looking back. Plus they have so many games in four competitions there will always be opportunities to impress. 

Just now, Nigel said:

Not really the while story!

He will still be unproven to them.

I don't disagree, I just think that he's seen as the second coming on here in some quarters and all I'm saying is we've really had very little to compare him against for a number of years.

I don't want him to go, obviously, but I am intrigued to see what trajectory his career takes if he were to leave. 

Given his past Im also not sure the bright lights of London would be the best place for him. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he is good enough he will play. Ali came from league one and went straight in to the first team never looking back. Plus they have so many games in four competitions there will always be opportunities to impress. 

Yes but now they have that same player taking up a place in the team. He is not yet at the level where he can guarantee him a birth in a top side. Next summer may be different!

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't disagree, I just think that he's seen as the second coming on here in some quarters and all I'm saying is we've really had very little to compare him against for a number of years.

I don't want him to go, obviously, but I am intrigued to see what trajectory his career takes if he were to leave. 

Given his past Im also not sure the bright lights of London would be the best place for him. 

I'm trying to look at this without my villa specs on here, but how many times have we as fans moaned when up and coming tallent is harvested by the top clubs?  Surely it's better for them to play every week?

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

For some reason part of me think the media have blown Spurs interest out of proportion and they are not even that interested. Also he will end up staying at Villa. 

It's the media's job these days to blow everything out of proportion. The media isn't a news source anymore, it's a means to get clicks to drive up ad-revenue. You don't get clicks by saying "Spurs enquire about Grealish". You get clicks by saying "Spurs close to signing Aston Villa ace Grealish in move that will shock the West Midlands!".. The media know absolutely **** all, but they'll pretend until the sun goes down that they know every minute detail about the deal that may or may not be happening. 

I'd guess they are interested in the bargain more than the player.

We will see just how much interest there is now they have lost some of the advantage they had, and they will have to pay closer to his value.

Â