The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

48 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Headline,

'Young man gets drunk falls over in street, sentenced to 20 years in the dungeon!

I've been critical of Grealish but the notion that because he got extremely inebriated he has to prove himself to anyone is silly. He already has proved himself by getting into the first team. 

Now hopefully with guidance and maturity he can kick on. It can only be good for the club's future.

To be honest I didn't even care about that incident. He's young and these things happened. 

Going out clubbing straight after a bad defeat was pretty unprofessional. That season he was as bad as the rest with the effort he put in. 

The red card agasint Forest last season which changed the game was also a very annoying incident. 

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be honest I didn't even care about that incident. He's young and these things happened. 

Going out clubbing straight after a bad defeat was pretty unprofessional. That season he was as bad as the rest with the effort he put in. 

The red card agasint Forest last season which changed the game was also a very annoying incident. 

I don't disagree, I just don't think any of it is relevant this season. I'm  willing to cut some slack to a young individual struggling it what was a toxic environment.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't disagree, I just don't think any of it is relevant this season. I'm  willing to cut some slack to a young individual struggling it what was a toxic environment.

I agree. It appears he had been a model professional this season both on and off the pitch. 

My original post was saying how he previously deserved criticism.

He has turned it around. Well done to him. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

MOTM. Again.

He slotted Adomah in a couple of teams with effortless passes. Its a bit off but if we could get a player on his wavelength he will pick up bucketload of assists.

Would like see Jack and Kodjia if he gets back fit not that Hogan is doing badly

What i loved last night was he was so aware of how scared they were of him. So many times, they backed off and rather than laying the ball off, he dragged it in a different direction and found a better pass or better space. 

His passing accuracy and more importantly, the weight of his passes are so consistently excellent.

• Like 4

He's by a mile our best player. I could easily see him playing for one of the CL clubs in the Premier League. Loads of ability, comfortable on the ball and he can pass. Just a shame he didn't declare for Ireland, he'd be our best player too. 

• Like 2

I hope premier league scouts are as lazy and unimaginative as ever because if they were watching Jack they'd realize what a player we have on our hands. I still can't believe he came from our academy. We've had some good players come through over the years, but none as skilled as Jack.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

What i loved last night was he was so aware of how scared they were of him. So many times, they backed off and rather than laying the ball off, he dragged it in a different direction and found a better pass or better space. 

His passing accuracy and more importantly, the weight of his passes are so consistently excellent.

This is how I remember it being with Gazza. 

Players get scared so back off.  It's so the wrong thing to do though. Your basically allowing a talented player to have unpressured time in space with the ball at his feet.  It's like pouring petrol on a fire instead of chucking a blanket over it. 

But once a player has a reputation for being a talent and has caused a defender a bit of trouble they back off and let them play, it's weird. 

That of course is if they don't take the other option and totally take him out. 

12 hours ago, Eastie said:

Staying on his feet a lot more now too which is good to see - as a team we are looking strong in all areas with a very decent bench too 

he got took down at one stage and still kept control of the ball and played on. Nothing major but for me a sign of maturity

Â