The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Jack grealish has peaked. He doesnt have the mentality to push on. He will become stale in a world of football nothingness.

So many times we base our opinion on what piped ream could potentially happen etc but basically we should just go on what is blatantly staring us the face.

This Lad just isn't good enough attitude wise.

Come on. Is your attitude the same as it was when you were 19?

He needs to grow up quickly but to say he's peaked and he can't make it because of his attitude is daft IMO. 

Of all the young players to come from the youth team in my lifetime (so past 25 years), and in fact of all the good young players we have signed over the years, Grealish stands out from the lot of them in terms of technique and vision. What he does lack are the mental intangibles.

However I absolutely maintain that a good/ very good manager would be able to get into his head and ultimately get the best out of him and help him develop. I mean for **** sake, a shit manager like Sherwood managed to motivate the lad sufficiently to perform well for us, Garde has solicited absolutely nothing from the lad. 

Under good management I truly believe Grealish would be a star for us. 

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Come on. Is your attitude the same as it was when you were 19?

He needs to grow up quickly but to say he's peaked and he can't make it because of his attitude is daft IMO. 

So all 19 year old footballers sort their attitudes out?

My attitude towards graft has always been the same. The problem jack has, at no point is his security going to be threatened enough to make him realise that his attitude needs to change.

Hel see that his attitude has landed him thousands of pounds a week for the next few years.

34 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Of all the young players to come from the youth team in my lifetime (so past 25 years), and in fact of all the good young players we have signed over the years, Grealish stands out from the lot of them in terms of technique and vision. What he does lack are the mental intangibles.

However I absolutely maintain that a good/ very good manager would be able to get into his head and ultimately get the best out of him and help him develop. I mean for **** sake, a shit manager like Sherwood managed to motivate the lad sufficiently to perform well for us, Garde has solicited absolutely nothing from the lad. 

Under good management I truly believe Grealish would be a star for us. 

He's injured and has been for a while, what the **** has it got to do with Garde?

22 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

So all 19 year old footballers sort their attitudes out?

My attitude towards graft has always been the same. The problem jack has, at no point is his security going to be threatened enough to make him realise that his attitude needs to change.

Hel see that his attitude has landed him thousands of pounds a week for the next few years.

No but to say he won't change his attitude is a bit harsh. He's had a couple of moments out with his mates which were stupid, he's hardly the new Nile Ranger. 

And I don't think his issue is down to lack of effort. I think injuries and confidence are far more an issue to him this season. Both can be rectified with a good pre season. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Not that I disagree with you, but please stop calling laughing gas 'hippy crack', this is a football forum not a Sun editorial meeting. 

I am not much of a Sun reader myself so wouldn't know much about how their editorials might go but I am sure that if I were to Google nitrous oxide to give it its proper name I would probably turn up a load of catering supplies websites but as I was:detect: trying to find links to a young footballer abusing said gas I would have thought that it's more sensationalist nickname of hippy crack would be the search to go for? 

Edited by sidcow
Correction

40 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am not much of a Sun reader myself so wouldn't know much about how their editorials might go but I am sure that if I were to Google nitrous oxide to give it its proper name I would probably turn up a load of catering supplies websites but as I was:detect: trying to find links to a young footballer abusing said gas I would have thought that it's more sensationalist nickname of hippy crack would be the search to go for? 

I just find it a really, really stupid name for, as you say, nitrous oxide. It isn't only used by hippies (is Jack Grealish a hippy??), nor does it have any of the properties of crack. It's just a stupid sensational nickname that started to appear in the right-wing tabloids at almost exactly the same time as the government began their proposal for banning 'legal highs', and I for one don't think that's a coincidence. Everybody has known for years what 'laughing gas' is, it just didn't sound terrifying enough. 

2 hours ago, a m ole said:

He's injured and has been for a while, what the **** has it got to do with Garde?

Reports indicate Garde's had a go at him a couple of times in the dressing room, think the Wycombe game was one so that suggest that Jack won't be running through walls for him.

44 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Reports indicate Garde's had a go at him a couple of times in the dressing room, think the Wycombe game was one so that suggest that Jack won't be running through walls for him.

After the Wycombe 'performance' Jack rightly deserved a rocket up his arse.

Such an insipid, pathetic and uncommitted performance from a 'Villa' fan and player.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2016 at 17:45, DCJonah said:

I saw Grealish last year. I know what he can do. 

So the rest of your criticism regarding my opinion of the manager is garbage. 

And I don't remember using the word disaster. 

You may not have used the word disaster, but what you have stated about Garde has been critical enough that your general impression is clear and it's based on his record over and over again. 

Neither will I agree that my criticism is garbage.  My criticism is that you have a double standard.  You judge Grealish on the potential you see despite his record.  You judge Garde on his record regardless of any potential.  

You can disagree with my assessment, as I disagree with yours, without calling my thoughts "garbage,"     thank-you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

overrated

over rated in so much as Villa fans seem to over rate the majority of players coming through the academy

but his cameo's v Liverpool at Wembley , County in the cup , Blues in cup etc show that he can produce some very good match winning performances  (ok 2 of those are against lower league teams) .

there is a good footballer in there somewhere .. what we need is a good manger to sort his head out

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

over rated in so much as Villa fans seem to over rate the majority of players coming through the academy

but his cameo's v Liverpool at Wembley , County in the cup , Blues in cup etc show that he can produce some very good match winning performances  (ok 2 of those are against lower league teams) .

there is a good footballer in there somewhere .. what we need is a good manger to sort his head out

most players that come through our ranks are shite but they get bigged up for some strange reason. grealish has got potential and he is probably the best one to come through lately but he will never be a top player imo, but i hope im wrong. he might tear the championship up though.

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty hilarious that you think a footballer getting a rocketing should mean that he just doesn't bother any more.

It says more about Grealish's attitude (yet again) than anything else.  He has ability but rarely shows it. If being ticked off results in a season-long sulk then I'd happily take money for him.

Comparisons with Marc Albrighton are laughable.  When we got rid of him (or didn't offer a new, improved contract) many people wanted him to stay as he was probably the best crosser of a football for us. However, general opinion seemed to be that he didn't do much else and wasn't worth £45k/wk.  Not exactly writing someone off.  Funnily enough, he'd have done well for us with Gestede in the team!

Oh, and Grealish is 20 - not 19.

2 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

You may not have used the word disaster, but what you have stated about Garde has been critical enough that your general impression is clear and it's based on his record over and over again. 

Neither will I agree that my criticism is garbage.  My criticism is that you have a double standard.  You judge Grealish on the potential you see despite his record.  You judge Garde on his record regardless of any potential.  

You can disagree with my assessment, as I disagree with yours, without calling my thoughts "garbage,"     thank-you.

It's garbage because it's not right. I'm judging Grealish on what I've seen and I'm doing the same with Garde. You keep ignoring that. Grealish played plenty of games last season and showed exactly what he's capable of. Garde has not shown anything with this villa team. 

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It's garbage because it's not right. I'm judging Grealish on what I've seen and I'm doing the same with Garde. You keep ignoring that. Grealish played plenty of games last season and showed exactly what he's capable of. Garde has not shown anything with this villa team. 

In all fairness, the same is true of both - they've achieved nothing.

The difference is that you have a massive soft spot for Grealish, and not for Garde.  That's fine, but it's absolutely the case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In all fairness, the same is true of both - they've achieved nothing.

The difference is that you have a massive soft spot for Grealish, and not for Garde.  That's fine, but it's absolutely the case.

In terms of a career, yes Grealish has achieved nothing. 

But, as I've said a few times, I've seen Grealish put in top class performances at this level. I've seen he's capable of it. The same cannot be said for Garde at this point. 

Â