The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He should be a regular for us next season, I want him to be given a key role for us, I believe in his talent and long term potential. If he can't deliver in the Championship next season then I think it's clear that he will not live up to his talent for us, but I'd like him to be given the chance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He should be a regular for us next season, I want him to be given a key role for us, I believe in his talent and long term potential. If he can't deliver in the Championship next season then I think it's clear that he will not live up to his talent for us, but I'd like him to be given the chance. 

Disagree, he needs to prove he should be a regular next season. He won't do that though and he will **** off in the summer

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Disagree, he needs to prove he should be a regular next season. He won't do that though and he will **** off in the summer

We don't know for sure that he'll be off in the summer. He's hardly going to have many suitors after the season he has had. You're right that he has to prove himself, but I do think his talents are such that he deserves a chance to show what he can do in that division. 

On 10 March 2016 at 21:00, mikeyp102 said:

So for a few fans Jack is public enemy number one and we should get rid.

I find that obsurd.

Yes he let himself down with a couple of off the field antics - Yes

Have some performances been below par - Yes

But..

Does he have masses amounts of technical ability - Yes

Has he been a match winner for us - Yes

Is he still highly rated outside of VP - Yes

For me if we have any hope of coming up next we have to utilise Jack to his full potential. I'm pretty sure he had come through the majority of any other clubs he would have 100+ league appearances now and would have international caps.

His career (and that of many other of youth graduates) faltered under Lambert who wouldn't play him. Then under Sherwood, too much of was made of him, which obviously went to his head a bit. Now again Injuries, his misdemeanours and Garde have again faltered his development, but that doesn't mean we should discard him, there is still a top player in there. 

A match winner !  30 games, 1 assist, 1 goal

Way to rip it up Jack!

Now that's obsurd!

• Like 1

Him, Okore, Amavi, hopefully Traore and maybe Ayew should be the foundations of any squad we build.  As far as I'm concerned everyone else is expendable.

Gardner should be brought back into the team as a 1st teamer.  An experienced and tactically mature CM like Jedinak should be brought in to give us a very solid foundation. 

Get a game plan, get some of the managers own players in, and I'll be confident of at least a playoff place next year.

Do as we did last year and replace everyone and we'll be lower-mid table fodder.

Grealish stays.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Him, Okore, Amavi, hopefully Traore and maybe Ayew should be the foundations of any squad we build. 

Only problem there is that they will all want to leave

If Grealish applies himself (I know, I know...) then he could be an unfair advantage in the Chumpionship.  We need to keep hold of him though because there'll be vultures like West Ham trying to nick him on the cheap.  My worry is that his new greedy agent will go all out to engineer a lucrative move.  He won't want his resource languishing in the 2nd tier :(

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Only problem there is that they will all want to leave

I agree.  But that is who I would try and persuade to stay.  Tell them we're bouncing straight back up, because Villa should not be in the 2nd tier of any competition.  Guarantee them that they will have actual, real-life team mates to work with next season and that they will be the key members of the team.

MANAGE them is essentially what I'm saying.  I know it's hard for us to imagine that at the minute. :)

If we can keep him and Adama, add another wide player experienced at that level or someone who can't quite break through in the premier league, sign a prolific striker down there and have Gestede as a 20 minute sub option that will be a decent attack for sure in the championship.

Rest of the side we will probably be putting out worries me a fair bit though in terms of strength.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2016 at 12:38, Wainy316 said:

Could be our main man next year.

Could have been our main man this year if he had the right attitude

Someone earlier said that we should not think of selling whilst his stock is so low - the assumption is that he is in a trough and will improve.  Alternatively, it may be that a handful of decent games last season is as good as it gets and he might never properly 'break through'

Seems to me he thinks he is better than he is and too good for the club. I think whilst he is here there will always be problems.

Better for him and for us if he goes. Personally if someone offered £5m for him I'd take it

• Like 1

I don't think many teams will be after him, if any at all. He was hyped for about a dozen games and then has fallen totally off the radar.

Based on what we have seen, there are much better young players at other clubs that clubs like West Ham will be after before they go for Grealish.

He needs to apply himself in the Championship, help get us promoted and then have a good full season in the Premier League. Then he will move on.

I've just said the same thing about Gardner - if we aren't going to play him next season, then there is no point at all in keeping him.

• Like 1

Â