The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

He'll go he won't reach his potential here were toxic as a club. He's better off out of the area away from all the nonsense off the field  where he can concentrate on his game and he could reach high levels, won't happen here we're just to much of a **** mess

Edited by Fairy In Boots

14 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Apart from the semi final, I'm struggling to think of a game in which he was our best player, never mind the best one on the pitch.

west ham at home last season

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villakram said:

Wouldn't surprise me if his agent is in Jacks head with talk of manure of chelski or some other large commission club.

Or maybe Barcelona or Real Madrid or a team that plays on the moon?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

for me the new manager has to build the team around Jack and Traore, Garde alienated him early on and if honest I be sceptical if he really is injured

This is quite unbeleivable! I get that you don't like Garde but to shift the blame for all of this from poor little Jack is ridiculous

If Grealish ever has a proper career he will look back on this season and thank Garde for giving him the wake up call he needed. 

Jack grealish has peaked. He doesnt have the mentality to push on. He will become stale in a world of football nothingness.

So many times we base our opinion on what piped ream could potentially happen etc but basically we should just go on what is blatantly staring us the face.

This Lad just isn't good enough attitude wise.

• Like 1

Just now, Woodytom said:

Jack grealish has peaked. He doesnt have the mentality to push on. He will become stale in a world of football nothingness.

So many times we base our opinion on what piped ream could potentially happen etc but basically we should just go on what is blatantly staring us the face.

This Lad just isn't good enough attitude wise.

Without trawling through your posts back in 2012-13 what was your opinion of Marc Albrighton during those times and his future career here or elsewhere?

Look I'm not saying Grealish will be playing for a title winning prem team in two years time but surely the Albrighton example means it's a little silly to write off young players when they have poor seasons.

I remember when Gareth Barry was coming through he had a spell out of the team for a while under John Gregory in 2001, had some off field issues with drink aswell. Still going strong and will probably be premier league record appearence holder sometime next year.

However what Grealish needs to realise and sort out is his attitude. He can't keep going out and getting smashed and acting like the football superstar of Birmingham when he has produced very little in his career so far.

If he dosen't realise that he has no chance. It's all about attitude as much as ability for him.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Without trawling through your posts back in 2012-13 what was your opinion of Marc Albrighton during those times and his future career here or elsewhere?

Look I'm not saying Grealish will be playing for a title winning prem team in two years time but surely the Albrighton example means it's a little silly to write off young players when they have poor seasons.

Tbh, I don't remember giving Albrighton much thought. I remember him coming on a few times and putting balls in and genuinely looking the most likely to do something, albeit that was not much. He was always trying tho. You could see that. 

Also, it's just one example. What other players have we written off and they've gone onto prove us completely wrong?

Theres always that chance of course, but everything points to him not being good enough.

Well Albrighton was a regular for us for some spells of those seasons so I can't believe you weren't commenting on him given the prolific posts this season.

Tbf just read back your post and we're actually pretty much agreeing at the end, you mention his menality not being good enough for the top level, I'm going on about him needing to sort out his attitude so not far off the same thing.

I'm just saying as poor as he's been it's too early to write him off. I think personally he'd do very well for us in the championship. Depends what advice he'll get from family and agent though.

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think he needs to be played for the rest of the season to see what he can do. All of our other midfielders are shot and I want them all gone. Hopefully Jack will show us a repeat of what he had last season and prove he can be an enormous part of next year's championship winning side. .  It is a good point though. Lots of people excusing his actions as normal for his age and questioning why he should be a saint but try googling Dele Ali drunk or on hippy Crack and you will draw a blank. It does not necessarily follow but I am sure it can only help a young footballer trying to find his very highest level if they sacrifice the hedonistic lifestyle and I am 100% certain that it will detract from their career if they embrace it. 

Not that I disagree with you, but please stop calling laughing gas 'hippy crack', this is a football forum not a Sun editorial meeting. 

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Well Albrighton was a regular for us for some spells of those seasons so I can't believe you weren't commenting on him given the prolific posts this season.

I honestly don't remember but just because they play regularly it doesn't mean I comment on them. 

Just now, Woodytom said:

I honestly don't remember but just because they play regularly it doesn't mean I comment on them. 

Ha I decided to be very sad and randomly click on the West Brom Match thread from 2012/13 (one where Bent was dropped and came on and scored) and low and behold on page 3 we had some bloke called WoodyTom saying how much he'd enjoyed the game and was hoping to make it down for a few more. Also said Albrighton was threatening once or twice.

Anyone know how he got on with that? ;)

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ha I decided to be very sad and randomly click on the West Brom Match thread from 2012/13 (one where Bent was dropped and came on and scored) and low and behold on page 3 we had some bloke called WoodyTom saying how much he'd enjoyed the game and was hoping to make it down for a few more. Also said Albrighton was threatening once or twice.

Anyone know how he got on with that? ;)

Huh? Not sure what your point is? If anything you've shown that I hadn't written  Albrighton off. However why you'd be highlighting games 2 years before he left, I'm not sure?

Â