The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

4 hours ago, VillaCas said:

Triumphalism - No, a bleak empty resignation of a wasted talent more like!

A completely different situation with Albrighton - we offered £25k a week, Leicester were prepared to offer £45k.  Whether you rate him or not, I don't think anyone could doubt Albrightons commitment or passion

I'm bewildered by this sudden love-in for Grealish, although it fits in with the usual VT model of players getting better and better the more they don't play

I know two of the U21 squad who will almost certainly be let go this summer - they are model professionals who work extrodinarily hard on and off the field. If only they possessed 50% of the natural talent that Grealish has they would already be fixtures in the first team. Save a little of your righteousness for them - they deserve it far more

You know 2 u21 players but do you know Grealish? You've read 2 stories in a paper and have now determined he's a terrible human being and others deserve success more. 

Grealish should probably leave, he's made mistakes this year but this club is no place for a player to fulfill their potential. I have no doubt that he will be a successful player. 

Hopefully it's with us but I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

I did not mean to  praise Albrighton's quality, because I was not bothered that he joined another club for more money. I am only saying that Albrighton has made the most of what he has, Grealish has not.

Albrighton is playing well near enough 6 years after his professional debut....actually 7 as I just remembered he played in that infamous Moscow game.

Grealish made is debut for us in August 2014 so I'd like to think and really hope it's 4 years difference not just in experience but maturity aswell.

If he wants to stay and help bring us back, I would be more than happy!  If he thinks he is bigger and better than us, then he can sod off, but I would want more than 5m and a sizeable sell on fee.

I think Grealish is the prime example of why more of our younger players aren't being put in the squad right now.

Not because they aren't good enough, but playing with our current first team squad has made him worse. And their terrible half-arsed attitude looked as if it was starting to rub off on him.

selling him now when his stock is at its lowest would be in accordance with the absolute stupidity demonstrated by the club in recent years

Completely agree. The problem might be that becau$e our stock is at its lowest he may not want to hang around.

Just now, BOF said:

Completely agree. The problem might be that becau$e our stock is at its lowest he may not want to hang around.

What supposedly biggest ever villa fan jack grealish? It could be a great opportunity to him to silence the critics next season. Or move to a mid table prem side on a bigger contract.

What supposedly biggest ever villa fan jack grealish? It could be a great opportunity to him to silence the critics next season. Or move to a mid table prem side on a bigger contract.

It is a great opportunity for him alright. I'm just glad his character is beyond reproach :)

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

I personally consider myself to be a bigger Villa fan than Jack Grealish. There can be no question that his immediate family are massive fans. It is impossible to be a fan when you have played at the highest level, since the age of 7, as Jack has.

As much as I love the Villa, if my son was in Jacks shoes and had the opportunity to move and earn an extra £5 million, I would advise him to do so. Simply speaking, I love my son more than I love the Villa. To ask someone to turn down millions is ridiculous-Would anyone on here do so, especially as Lerner would benefit whilst not compensating?

It is unfair to throw the "supporter" card at Jack. If he is good enough to play at the highest level, he should be entitled to do so if he chooses.

• Like 3

So for a few fans Jack is public enemy number one and we should get rid.

I find that obsurd.

Yes he let himself down with a couple of off the field antics - Yes

Have some performances been below par - Yes

But..

Does he have masses amounts of technical ability - Yes

Has he been a match winner for us - Yes

Is he still highly rated outside of VP - Yes

For me if we have any hope of coming up next we have to utilise Jack to his full potential. I'm pretty sure he had come through the majority of any other clubs he would have 100+ league appearances now and would have international caps.

His career (and that of many other of youth graduates) faltered under Lambert who wouldn't play him. Then under Sherwood, too much of was made of him, which obviously went to his head a bit. Now again Injuries, his misdemeanours and Garde have again faltered his development, but that doesn't mean we should discard him, there is still a top player in there. 

1 hour ago, Butterfingers said:

I personally consider myself to be a bigger Villa fan than Jack Grealish. There can be no question that his immediate family are massive fans. It is impossible to be a fan when you have played at the highest level, since the age of 7, as Jack has.

As much as I love the Villa, if my son was in Jacks shoes and had the opportunity to move and earn an extra £5 million, I would advise him to do so. Simply speaking, I love my son more than I love the Villa. To ask someone to turn down millions is ridiculous-Would anyone on here do so, especially as Lerner would benefit whilst not compensating?

It is unfair to throw the "supporter" card at Jack. If he is good enough to play at the highest level, he should be entitled to do so if he chooses.

Don't be too concerned. He could always do a Gabby and stick stick around for 20 years doing **** all. He isn't exactly on the bread line.

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't be too concerned. He could always do a Gabby and stick stick around for 20 years doing **** all. He isn't exactly on the bread line.

I'm not overly concerned. He is set up for life.

I do know the family though. They are Villa through & through as much as the next man. My point is that it is unrealistic to expect him to stay at the club because he is a Villa fan.

The point would be that Jack could spend 15 years here and earn more than he could probably spend in a lifetime, or leave and earn even more, we know more than most high way that will go

Turn down £5m sounds nuts, but not necessarily to a bloke earning £2m a year

He had a good game v Liverpool a year ago and a few glimpses of potential in other games, if he thinks the championship is below him he needs a reality check

he should stay, start playing regularly and realise the undoubted potential he has

11 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

Exactly this. I'd want my son to fulfill his potential and chances of that at this shit house of a club is slim. 

I wouldn't be concerned with leaving for money, I'd get him out of here so he can play with better players in a better environment. The last game Jack started for us, he looked shot of confidence and was frustrated and unhappy all game, I can't see why he'd want to stick around. 

Â