The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

In terms of a career, yes Grealish has achieved nothing. 

But, as I've said a few times, I've seen Grealish put in top class performances at this level. I've seen he's capable of it. The same cannot be said for Garde at this point. 

Grealish has delivered pretty much zero end product as an attacking player. Some nice touches here and there to imply he could make it as a footballer but, basically, nothing to show for it.

Garde has delivered pretty much zero end product as a manager.  Some nice touches here and there to imply he could make it as a manager but, basically, nothing to show for it.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Grealish has delivered pretty much zero end product as an attacking player. Some nice touches here and there to imply he could make it as a footballer but, basically, nothing to show for it.

Garde has delivered pretty much zero end product as a manager.  Some nice touches here and there to imply he could make it as a manager but, basically, nothing to show for it.

So I can only judge Grealish on goals and assists? 

I've seen him be the best player on the pitch in an FA cup semi final. I've seen him stroll past players like Song and run games. 

I've seen Garde lose most of the time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

So I can only judge Grealish on goals and assists? 

I've seen him be the best player on the pitch in an FA cup semi final. I've seen him stroll past players like Song and run games. 

I've seen Garde lose most of the time. 

I'd certainly look to judge how good he is by his influence on the pitch - it's a lot closer to "rarely influential" than "game changer".  I've seen him let games pass him by far more than "run games".  Strolling is certainly an apt word to use, though.

Grealish has been excellent in a couple of games and terrible in the vast majority of others.  

He's been very good and very bad, my argument wasn't really that Grealish has been consistently brilliant. 

My point was that I've seen Grealish perform and my opinion on him is based on that. I haven't seen Garde produce anything. 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2016 at 20:30, DCJonah said:

He's been very good and very bad, my argument wasn't really that Grealish has been consistently brilliant. 

My point was that I've seen Grealish perform and my opinion on him is based on that. I haven't seen Garde produce anything. 

...but mostly bad.  Even when he has a supposed "good" game its little more than a few fancy step-overs and the odd drift past someone in the middle of the park or winning a foul by falling over in the centre-circle

No end product. 30 games, 1 goal, 1 assist

He's an anomaly.  Not dangerous enough to be a forward, not hard working enough to be a midfielder.  I hope someone takes him off our hands for decent money before they realise how poor he is

No player is going to be consistent (at least not consistently good) if they are not being professional on and off the field.

Especially not one as young as Grealish.

An older player might get by ok on routine and cleverness, at least you used to be able to.

In the modern game you can't do that

• Like 2

Those Jack Reacher books. The author is a Villa fan. And he puts characters in with the names of Villa players. Is there a chance here of life imitating art. 

We're unlikely to ever have a player with a name so similar to Jack Reacher. And for that reason, I say we keep him

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Tweeted that he's glad to be back in training, 15m after Garde's departure was announced. Also liked the tweet from the official account announcing Garde's departure.

Fed up of these clearings in the woods.

What a clearing. I'm finding it really difficult to be a Villa fan at the moment. Other than Bernstein/Little, what is there to be positive about or have respect for? I hate pretty much everyone on the playing staff.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

He is still a kid. An immature one as well. Doesn't surprise me he happy to see Garde leave. Garde actually criticized him for his lack of professionalism. Grealish probably felt like Garde wanted him to fail instead of think Garde was trying to improve his all around game. 

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He is still a kid. An immature one as well. Doesn't surprise me he happy to see Garde leave. Garde actually criticized him for his lack of professionalism. Grealish probably felt like Garde wanted him to fail instead of think Garde was trying to improve his all around game. 

Obviously Garde was perfectly right when he 'criticised him for his lack of professionalism' He basically sums up Villa players for me. 

Â