The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

If you dont think teams will be after him in summer then you are either naive or dont know about football. In recent seasons shit like Cameron Jerome, Matt Jarvis and Robert Snodgrass get distributed around Premier League clubs. Jack has more talent than these lads combined

• Like 1

People are really are having a laugh aren't they £5 mill for Grealish are you guys serious?!  

In 96 we paid 4 million for Sasa Curcic, we spent 8.5 million on Reo-Coker 9.5mill on N'Zogbia. Patrick Roberts cost Citeh 8-10 million. Brentford want close 8-9 million for judge. Grealish's unfulfilled potential is worth 12 mill at least even after this season. Sterling at £50 mill ffs 

To give away one of our graduates again on the cheap would be an insult. 

Boys has class, maybe a suspect work ethic who knows, we know he has made bad choices this season. Before writing him off let's see how he does next season. If we are talking about his off the field misdemeanours this time next year then maybe £5 mill is realistic but please come on. Let's support the lad before condemning him to the scrap heap for peanuts after 1 bad season. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

If you dont think teams will be after him in summer then you are either naive or dont know about football. In recent seasons shit like Cameron Jerome, Matt Jarvis and Robert Snodgrass get distributed around Premier League clubs. Jack has more talent than these lads combined

Happy to admit I "don't know about football".  I'd also rather start any of the aforementioned players in this current Villa side than Grealish.

He's got a lot to learn.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

People are really are having a laugh aren't they £5 mill for Grealish are you guys serious?!  

In 96 we paid 4 million for Sasa Curcic, we spent 8.5 million on Reo-Coker 9.5mill on N'Zogbia. Patrick Roberts cost Citeh 8-10 million. Brentford want close 8-9 million for judge. Grealish's unfulfilled potential is worth 12 mill at least even after this season. Sterling at £50 mill ffs 

To give away one of our graduates again on the cheap would be an insult. 

Boys has class, maybe a suspect work ethic who knows, we know he has made bad choices this season. Before writing him off let's see how he does next season. If we are talking about his off the field misdemeanours this time next year then maybe £5 mill is realistic but please come on. Let's support the lad before condemning him to the scrap heap for peanuts after 1 bad season. 

Are you being serious? If we were offered 5 million for Grealish then we should snap their hands off. He is one of the laziest, most overrated players to come out of Villa Park in years. In addition to that, his attitude stinks and his off the field antics are further proof that he just isn't the player we had hoped.  He never will be.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Are you being serious? If we were offered 5 million for Grealish then we should snap their hands off. He is one of the laziest, most overrated players to come out of Villa Park in years. In addition to that, his attitude stinks and his off the field antics are further proof that he just isn't the player we had hoped.  He never will be.

we paid 6 million for Gestede who has no talent or potential but should accept 5 million for a youngster who won Fa Cup semi final man of the match

• Like 1

Why would we even consider selling him? His season has been disrupted by bad behaviour, injuries and choosing his allegiance this would hamper any experienced player never mind one that's only just finding his feet. The 2nd season is normally the toughest as you're not the unknown player so people target you so it was always going to be tough which he hasn't himself with but neither has the team helped him. There's still a good maybe quality player in there which I think will flourish in a team that's actually winning games. Hopefully that's us next season!! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Why would we even consider selling him? His season has been disrupted by bad behaviour, injuries and choosing his allegiance this would hamper any experienced player never mind one that's only just finding his feet. The 2nd season is normally the toughest as you're not the unknown player so people target you so it was always going to be tough which he hasn't himself with but neither has the team helped him. There's still a good maybe quality player in there which I think will flourish in a team that's actually winning games. Hopefully that's us next season!! 

Exactly. 

He's been tipped for big things from a very young age. Why would we throw that away the first time it doesn't go right for him. Now he's to blame for that as well but we should be looking to get the best from him.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, One For The Road said:

further proof that he just isn't the player we had hoped.  He never will be.

Way too early to be saying that mate. He didn't come into the side until the back end of last season under Sherwood where he made quite an impact. Since then he was a pratt over the summer, saw the manager that had a lot of faith in him leave 10 games into the season and has had a number of injuries.

The lad is 20 years old. Has made under 20 league starts for us. To be writing him off would be madness.

He has something you can't teach - natural ability. What he lacks a good manager can instil in him - better work rate on the pitch, cut out the off the field crap etc.

I wouldn't even consider letting him go. Not a chance.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How many of these posters on here saying we should sell Grealish for peanuts.....are then going on the Albrighton thread and banging their fists at how we let go of Albrighton on a free? Think about it....

I don't think any of them are! 

30 appearances, 1 assist, 1 goal.  It's not happening. I'd rather take the money now than let him go for nothing later

someone thinks he's worth £12m? What a joke

Grealish needs to stay next season, hopefully he won't have the likes of Gabby and Richards at the club to distract him from his job, playing football.

He's had an appalling season, thanks to his off-field antics, niggly injuries and immaturity.

He obviously has the talent but IMO is too young and not mature enough to handle the fame, money and expectation.

A season with us in the Championship, surrounded by better motivated players could see him reignite his career before he becomes the next Michael Johnson...

• Like 1

I Wouldn't sell but i guess it depends on what the offer is.

Every player has a price and if Lerner likes that price then we will continue with our well established yearly tradition of selling the clubs best players. 

Lerner has a check list in his bedside draw of whom he can asset strip each season. Grealish, Gil, Ayew are the only players we have that will fetch over £10m (Adama & Amavi may also after a season under there belts) 

The other 20+ we would be lucky to scrape upto £5m a piece.

Edited by Kingman

2 hours ago, VillaCas said:

30 appearances, 1 assist, 1 goal.  It's not happening. I'd rather take the money now than let him go for nothing later

Best player on the pitch in nearly every game last season. Wanted by two national teams and highly rated and known throughout the game. Only foolish villa fans would give up on his potential after one bad spell in an injury hit season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Every player has a price and if Lerner likes that price then we will continue with our well established yearly tradition of selling the clubs best players. 

Lerner has a check list in his bedside draw of whom he can asset strip each season. Grealish, Gil, Ayew are the only players we have that will fetch over £10m (Adama & Amavi may also after a season under there belts) 

Lerner has never sold players for the money so you've nothing to base that on but Grealish and Gil wouldn't command anywhere near £10m one because he has hardly played the other because he flatters to deceive. Grealish should be given a full chance next year to show his head is in the right place as he has undoubted talent but that's not enough. 

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

How many of these posters on here saying we should sell Grealish for peanuts.....are then going on the Albrighton thread and banging their fists at how we let go of Albrighton on a free? Think about it....

We've let too many of our academy players go on the cheap over the years, lets not make Jack another one.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Gil worth 10 mill?

We will struggle to get 5 for him let alone 10

3 hours ago, VillaCas said:

This isn't 2010. TV money next season means the relegated club gets 99mill. Players (supposed) values have risen sharply. Lewis Grabban cost 8 mill FFS. Tom Ince 4.75 rising to 6 mill. Yes I do believe he is worth 10-12 mill at present given the amount of money available from the tv deal. His stats this season are poor no denying but our team is shit, he's been injured and reprimanded for his poor behaviours. Ross Barkley's 2nd seasons states were played 29 2 goals 1 assist. 

But yeah let's give him away for pittance cause a young lad in his second season has performed poorly and made a few dubious decisions. It's not like frank lampard & John terry never made a mistake when younger. People can change and learn from their mistakes. Before writing him off let's see shall we? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Lerner has never sold players for the money so you've nothing to base that on but Grealish and Gil wouldn't command anywhere near £10m one because he has hardly played the other because he flatters to deceive. Grealish should be given a full chance next year to show his head is in the right place as he has undoubted talent but that's not enough. 

;) 

5UHPqy7.gif

Edited by Kingman

Â