The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

14 hours ago, mwj said:

Yeh, I bet his agent had nothing to do with it.

There's a few too many stories coming out this week... Micah for 5m, Steve Bruce, Remi for France, Jack transfer.. Everyone's starting to cover their bases for next year imo

Whats happening is we are doomed to relegation so its easy for newspapers to make stories about players / manager leaving.Of course some will go I don't think Jack will be one of them though 

59 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Whats happening is we are doomed to relegation so its easy for newspapers to make stories about players / manager leaving.Of course some will go I don't think Jack will be one of them though 

I'm sure there is an element of that, but I'm sure there's an element of agents drumming up interest too.

Gueye to Marseille today is another example

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Another example of Villa's woeful failure to bring talent through successfully from the youth squad.

Wouldn't blame him for looking elsewhere to try to build a decent career.

His future was in his own hands. He blew it.

I wouldnt blame him for leaving, treated like shit by 2 out of 3 managers who were playing wasters ahead of him just because he had the temerity to be a young naive kid. No surprise when he was given a run he won Man of the Match on a few occasions and helped us get to Wembley

• Like 3

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Yeh, I'm pretty sure there was similar triumphalism when Albrighton left. Hasn't got what it takes, etc. Not good enough for the mighty Villa etc.

In reality, total failure of the club set up to help him build on his talent, which then flourished elsewhere. Grealish will be a similar case I reckon.

Poor comparison. Albrighton is not as talented as Grealish, but has made the most of what he has. Grealish has done the exact opposite.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wouldnt blame him for leaving, treated like shit by 2 out of 3 managers who were playing wasters ahead of him just because he had the temerity to be a young naive kid. No surprise when he was given a run he won Man of the Match on a few occasions and helped us get to Wembley

He had a run of good games, then looked as though he could not be bothered. He got plenty of chances after that, but did not impress. How long do you expect a team to carry a passenger? The fact that he could not dislodge the dross we had to play should tell you that he was not good enough.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

lol

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It is just the vultures gathering for any player of ours they think will make it elsewhere. Happens for every club in our position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mwj said:

I'm sure there is an element of that, but I'm sure there's an element of agents drumming up interest too.

Gueye to Marseille today is another example

Marseille tried to buy him before we did. Hardly surprising they are now resurrecting their interest. Being "sure" of something, doesn't make it so. There really is no evidence that his agent instigated this.

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

He had a run of good games, then looked as though he could not be bothered. He got plenty of chances after that, but did not impress. How long do you expect a team to carry a passenger? The fact that he could not dislodge the dross we had to play should tell you that he was not good enough.

His 'performance' against Wycombe was one of the most pathetic I have ever witnessed. Bereft of any fight, desire, passion.

The kid has had everything handed to him on a plate his whole life, we as a club have brought him through our system, gave him the tools to succeed. We owe him nothing. He owes his entire career to us and yet people makes excuses....again.

How about he grows up, grows some balls and show what he is made of instead of passing the ball backwards against a league 2 side and standing there with his hands on his hips, flapping his arms at every pass, moaning like a girl at every shoulder to shoulder and dropping his shoulders when another player dares to challenge him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I wouldnt blame him for leaving, treated like shit by 2 out of 3 managers who were playing wasters ahead of him just because he had the temerity to be a young naive kid. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

all modern footballers are bell ends

I don't think Grealish should be immune from criticism, he was part of the Sherwood love in and refused to play under Garde. But he's not the only one.

I think most on here would like us to sell the entire squad, which might be deserved but is still unrealistic.

Grealish might be a dick but he has talent, which i would be angry to see flourish elsewhere.

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Poor comparison. Albrighton is not as talented as Grealish, but has made the most of what he has. Grealish has done the exact opposite.

Albrighton was losing his way here after a bright debut season very much like Grealish.

As much as fans point out some good performances in the last 6 months he was here what was Marc Albrighton contributing here between 2011-13. Can anyone give me some match winning games in there? All I remember from that period is him scoring v Arsenal and that's it so not unlike Grealish.

The most important thing is Jack really needs to get the message from this season he needs to dedicate himself properly otherwise he dosen't have a future at the top level. Plenty of good young players have poor second seasons.

He is worth far more than 5 million. Plus he just signed a 4 year deal. Keep him for a year in the championship. It's smarter to hold onto him longer than try to cash out with such a small figure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Albrighton was losing his way here after a bright debut season very much like Grealish.

As much as fans point out some good performances in the last 6 months he was here what was Marc Albrighton contributing here between 2011-13. Can anyone give me some match winning games in there? All I remember from that period is him scoring v Arsenal and that's it so not unlike Grealish.

The most important thing is Jack really needs to get the message from this season he needs to dedicate himself properly otherwise he dosen't have a future at the top level. Plenty of good young players have poor second seasons.

I did not mean to  praise Albrighton's quality, because I was not bothered that he joined another club for more money. I am only saying that Albrighton has made the most of what he has, Grealish has not.

Â