The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That's weird.

Everyone has just been saying how he doesn't care and isn't motivated to play football and doesn't love working hard. That he has nothing to achieve and would just go abroad for an easy pay day.

So it's strange that he has that reaction. I'd have thought he'd be happy to have some more time on the bench picking up a paycheque.

Fair point.

I just don't think he's interested in looking after himself to give himself the best chance of a successful career.

He'd obviously be upset at this latest injury though as it will affect his Euro chances.

I don't think he cares enough but I think it's silly to actually think he doesn't care at all.

I find it odd he played at all. He went down with a groin injury in their last game and it looked like he would be out for a few weeks. My guess is that he played last night even though he knew he wasn't 100% and paid the price.

46 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Fair point.

I just don't think he's interested in looking after himself to give himself the best chance of a successful career.

Based on what? He likes to go out. He also quite obviously keeps himself in very good shape. 

46 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't think he cares enough

Based on what?

Edited by Stevo985

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what? He likes to go out. He also quite obviously keeps himself in very good shape. 

Based on what?

I've been down this rabbit hole. There is never an answer. Or if there is, it's based on him having a beer when celebrating winning the Champions League. 

Absolute nonsense, of course.

• Like 2

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

People are in here outright making stuff up to make themselves feel better that he left

Yep, it's very amusing.

He clearly cares and I don't think he's the type of player that hates his job.

I think most people's contention is that he doesn't take care of himself enough to have longevity and that he has had some trouble motivating himself this year which he has admitted to.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

In 2.5 years from being one of the most talked about players In Europe to being a complete afterthought. Huge climbdown

People can say he left to win trophies but he also left to be a star. He isnt even near a Ballon Dor list these days

The English Cassano

I doubt he gives two craps about what people think. He left at the best possible time for him in terms of a massive contract and career to the best side in the country and has won stuff. 

He is a careers professional no matter how much badge kissing he did for us. A  better deal came up, and he left. Like any other footballer would have done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

That's weird.

Everyone has just been saying how he doesn't care and isn't motivated to play football and doesn't love working hard. That he has nothing to achieve and would just go abroad for an easy pay day.

So it's strange that he has that reaction. I'd have thought he'd be happy to have some more time on the bench picking up a paycheque.

Assume that was aimed at me?

He clearly loves football, like I also said in my post that said I can see him going abroad. Him crying over an injury means nothing in terms of his desire to go earn a pay cheque at a club not winning the PL or a club that he doesn't support. Not to mention, it could be that he's crying about the fact it is ruining his England chances for the summer.

I didn't say he'd go abroad for an easy pay day, I just said playing for anyone else in England is going to be pretty meaningless to him.  Before you even bring in the fact that most clubs in the league won't be able to afford him.

Going abroad is a much more likely outcome for him, lower game pace, less press coverage, new challenge, better weather, not competing for a league spot against the club he supports. I can think of many reasons he'll end up abroad, rather than at Newcastle, Chelsea, or Spurs (assuming us, Arsenal, Liverpool and United won't want him).

He left to win stuff and earn more money.

He’s done that.

It worked out for us and him.

Always thought he might come back but the way it’s going for him right now he might not be fit/good enough.

Sad.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Assume that was aimed at me?

He clearly loves football, like I also said in my post that said I can see him going abroad. Him crying over an injury means nothing in terms of his desire to go earn a pay cheque at a club not winning the PL or a club that he doesn't support. Not to mention, it could be that he's crying about the fact it is ruining his England chances for the summer.

I didn't say he'd go abroad for an easy pay day, I just said playing for anyone else in England is going to be pretty meaningless to him.  Before you even bring in the fact that most clubs in the league won't be able to afford him.

Going abroad is a much more likely outcome for him, lower game pace, less press coverage, new challenge, better weather, not competing for a league spot against the club he supports. I can think of many reasons he'll end up abroad, rather than at Newcastle, Chelsea, or Spurs (assuming us, Arsenal, Liverpool and United won't want him).

It was aimed at all the people in this thread that seem to just make up stories about how unfit and unmotivated he is :D 

• Like 1

DOL was right about our fanbase. If I could be bothered I'd trawl through this thread and dig out the people (literally the entire website) that were desperate for him to stay and were following his every move in the buildup to him leaving, in the false hope he'd stay. 

He left us, he was brilliant for us, he got us £100m and he won the treble. Get over it. 

I have always liked Jack's play, playing for us.....but not so much for city, I think he has been muted to a degree.

Jack has always been amongst the most silky passers of the ball, and stays in possession better than most ( fouls excluded) He holds the ball very well, and has very good vision.

but for me, to be the star, many want him to be, he has to score more goals.....his goals return, is poor, for such a talented boy.

I have seen so often where, it's easier to score, and he passes the ball.....That will not exalt him to the heady heights of European football.

is he worth £100 mill?.....I think Aston Villa got the better deal.

Would he get back in our first 11?.....not sure, he would.

Jack has taken the money, and won trophies, he wouldn't have won with us.....but the paradox is.....is he more passionate about Villa than say, John McGinn, who was not a Villa fan as a boy?

We often, pontificate of " One of our own"....when there are examples of players, who have not grown up supporting Villa, have eclipsed those (villa supporting boys) for passion towards our club.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Based on what?

1. If he is in such good shape why is he injured all the time and is hardly being played this season

2. Just my opinion based on number 1

I see further down that seem to think I have made up stories to suit my narrative and that you find any opinion different to yours amusing...

Probably no need to discuss this further with each other.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

23 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

1. If he is in such good shape why is he injured all the time and is hardly being played this season

Being injured isn't based on the shape you're in. He's hardly being played because he's out of favour. He hasn't been good enough to get in the team. That is a completely valid criticism

24 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

2. Just my opinion based on number 1

It's a guess then

24 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I see further down that seem to think I have made up stories to suit my narrative and that you find any opinion different to yours amusing...

I don't know why people pull this one out. I am perfectly happy with other people's opinions. But I like opinions based on fact. You've literally just admitted yours isn't, so i'm rightfully questioning it.

You have made up stories. You've just said he doesn't care enough and it's not based on anything. Just your opinion.

it's fine, each to their own and that. but yeah I find it amusing that people form these opinions based on nothing just because the guy left us.

There are plenty of things to validly criticise the guy about. Like I said he clearly isn't performing well enough to hold down a place in the team and that is something that can be thrown at him.

But everyone pretending he's this washed up alcoholic who doesn't care about football and will retire by the time he's 30 or whatever nonsense it is this week is, frankly, amusing to me

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Being injured isn't based on the shape you're in. He's hardly being played because he's out of favour. He hasn't been good enough to get in the team. That is a completely valid criticism

It's a guess then

I don't know why people pull this one out. I am perfectly happy with other people's opinions. But I like opinions based on fact. You've literally just admitted yours isn't, so i'm rightfully questioning it.

You have made up stories. You've just said he doesn't care enough and it's not based on anything. Just your opinion.

it's fine, each to their own and that. but yeah I find it amusing that people form these opinions based on nothing just because the guy left us.

There are plenty of things to validly criticise the guy about. Like I said he clearly isn't performing well enough to hold down a place in the team and that is something that can be thrown at him.

But everyone pretending he's this washed up alcoholic who doesn't care about football and will retire by the time he's 30 or whatever nonsense it is this week is, frankly, amusing to me

What story have I made up?

I said my opinion was based on him being injured all the time and not playing much when he is fit.

I never mentioned alcohol and I haven't made anything up to try and support my opinion.

I haven't acted bitter towards him leaving us, I'm happy with what we got out of him going to City, and I have posted this opinion before.

Maybe your posts are more directed to others but in reference to my comments I find your response rather pretentious...

I was just engaging in some conversation, on an internet forum designed for people to share their opinions. Sorry I didn't fill your criteria...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Â