The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

What story have I made up?

I said my opinion was based on him being injured all the time and not playing much when he is fit.

I never mentioned alcohol and I haven't made anything up to try and support my opinion.

I haven't acted bitter towards him leaving us, I'm happy with what we got out of him going to City, and I have posted this opinion before.

Maybe your posts are more directed to others but in reference to my comments I find your response rather pretentious...

I was just engaging in some conversation, on an internet forum designed for people to share their opinions. Sorry I didn't fill your criteria...

LIke I said my post wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at numerous posters. So not everything I've said applies to you

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It was aimed at all the people in this thread that seem to just make up stories about how unfit and unmotivated he is :D 

I think he’s fit* and motivated now. I do wonder about what will happen next for him though. Filthy rich and has won the lot. Will he be just as motivated at the next club he lands at? 50:50 for me.

That feeling wouldn’t be unique to Jack either, it could apply to vast majority of players in his situation. Moved from boyhood club to arguably best team in Europe/the world. After that? Might be a struggle.

*In general footballer terms, obviously he’s carrying an injury at the moment.

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

LIke I said my post wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at numerous posters. So not everything I've said applies to you

Cool, I feel like nothing you've said applies to me.... So we are all good 😁

Jack being at City doesn't phase me, we have become a better more balanced squad since his departure. Thanks to the huge chunk of coin we got for him.

I do think there is a tinge of hatred from some towards him, even from some of my Villa friends.

I don't really get that.

My opinion on Jack is just that, my opinion. 

Just now, Genie said:

I think he’s fit* and motivated now. I do wonder about what will happen next for him though. Filthy rich and has won the lot. Will he be just as motivated at the next club he lands at? 50:50 for me.

*In general footballer terms, obviously he’s carrying an injury at the moment.

I think winning the lot will make him more motivated to actually play football.

He doesn't have to sit on the bench just so he can try and play a part in a winning team. He's done that and more.

I think he's more likely than ever to take a pay cut to go and actually play football. if he misses out on the Euros it just adds to that. But I'm just guessing

There's a **** load of evidence that he loves getting hammered on a regular basis and the people who say there's no evidence are as stubbornly delusional as they think everyone else is

Also barely anyone has said he doesn't care or just wants the cash. He obviously loves playing football.

• Like 3

Just now, KentVillan said:

There's a **** load of evidence that he loves getting hammered on a regular basis and the people who say there's no evidence are as stubbornly delusional as they think everyone else is

Has anyone ever said he doesn't like to go and get hammered?

29 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Also barely anyone has said he doesn't care or just wants the cash. He obviously loves playing football.

Regular basis throughout the season? Or just when he's on holiday, the season is over and he's not at work?

Edited by Don_Simon

12 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Yep, direct quote from Ederson on this, posted a few pages back, plus he even got benched mid season by Pep for doing so, also posted a few pages back.

Like I’m not saying he’s a heroin addict or doing a Gazza, but the idea that he’s a model professional is so laughably contradicted by the evidence that you wonder why people are doubling down on it

That time he was hammered with Barkley and also the Covid incident was mid season

• Like 1

On 10/02/2024 at 16:22, KentVillan said:

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/manchester-city/2023/06/16/648c64e5e2704e6a9f8b460a.html

That’s his own teammate saying “he always takes advantage when he has days off”.

And then a more direct answer to your question.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10487383/amp/Manchester-City-England-star-Jack-Grealish-turned-away-bar-drunk.html

This was in Feb 2022, not celebrating anything in particular afaik.

He was dropped for this I believe, or possibly it was a previous incident.

I mean come on, use your eyes and your common sense. The stuff that gets reported in the media is when there’s photo / video evidence that makes it online.

To call all of this guesswork is delusional

It's things like this that just make me feel the career path of decline/overseas is more likely than one where he finds his mojo and works hard at a lower club.

He's insanely rich,  he's won everything at club level, he's played for and won a final (playoff) with his boyhood club, and he's injury prone.

There's far fewer reasons he's likely to drop down in the PL and perform. There's maybe a couple more reasons why he might go overseas though as the press coverage won't be as bad (assuming he doesnt cost the club he moves to 50m).  Yes, i'm guessing just like you @Stevo985, but if you find my assessment amusing then I'd love to know why. 

Seems logical to be.  And there's no bias, bitterness or even care in my assessment.  He can go and play for whoever he wants, I'll just be amazed if it's a step down in England.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Guys, it's over. He has been gone for over two years and isn't coming back.  Move on.

Think everyone knows this. He’s an interesting character. Pretending he doesn’t exist anymore is weirder than just talking about him 

• Like 2

Which club is the modern equivalent to 70's Fulham? They signed all the former star flash players such as Best, Marsh et al. They had a side with Moore, Best and Marsh in at one time. Of course all more interested in showboating in games and straight up the nightclubs after. Jack'd have loved that.

Not a chance the Don takes a punt. He's a busted flush.

Edited by stewiek2

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Being injured isn't based on the shape you're in. He's hardly being played because he's out of favour. He hasn't been good enough to get in the team. That is a completely valid criticism

It's a guess then

I don't know why people pull this one out. I am perfectly happy with other people's opinions. But I like opinions based on fact. You've literally just admitted yours isn't, so i'm rightfully questioning it.

You have made up stories. You've just said he doesn't care enough and it's not based on anything. Just your opinion.

it's fine, each to their own and that. but yeah I find it amusing that people form these opinions based on nothing just because the guy left us.

There are plenty of things to validly criticise the guy about. Like I said he clearly isn't performing well enough to hold down a place in the team and that is something that can be thrown at him.

But everyone pretending he's this washed up alcoholic who doesn't care about football and will retire by the time he's 30 or whatever nonsense it is this week is, frankly, amusing to me

Had anyone said anything near to this? 

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Over the course of this thread, yes

I take the narrative more to be: “he’s not as professional as he could be and so likely won’t have a career at the top level that far into his 30s”. Feel free to disagree with it of course but I’ve not seen anyone saying that he’s a washed up alcoholic or that he’ll retire by 30

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I take the narrative more to be: “he’s not as professional as he could be and so likely won’t have a career at the top level that far into his 30s”. Feel free to disagree with it of course but I’ve not seen anyone saying that he’s a washed up alcoholic or that he’ll retire by 30

There have been plenty saying he has a serious drinking problem and that his next move will be an huge drop and that he’ll retire early. It’s on nearly every page 

Edited by Stevo985

Â