The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don't because I love football and want it to have integrity. If that helps.

Same. Watching or not watching certain teams doesn’t make a difference to that

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Fair enough. I just can't bring myself to watch them.

I dont either but it's not because of any kind of stance against them, I'm just genuinely not interested 

I watched the last 10 minutes vs whoever they played 2 weeks ago when KDB came on and won them the game but I don't find man city an interesting team who I would purposefully watch even if it was vs say arsenal or Liverpool in a top of the table clash 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It’s quite telling that he’s known more for “vibes” and being embarrassingly drunk than things he did on the pitch for City. I mean, it’s not like didn’t do these things to the detrimental to himself and others, but equally, he was too good to drop. I just don’t see him being at the same level in 2-3 years tbh. 

He isn't at the same level now as he was 2/3 years ago

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Barry was still playing pretty well at premier league when he was 37-38 and that was no accident as think he gave up drinking when he was 20 after some incident we found out about.

I don’t think he did, he just went under the radar

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I dont either but it's not because of any kind of stance against them, I'm just genuinely not interested 

I watched the last 10 minutes vs whoever they played 2 weeks ago when KDB came on and won them the game but I don't find man city an interesting team who I would purposefully watch even if it was vs say arsenal or Liverpool in a top of the table clash 

I'm the opposite. I love their football.

It's through gritted teeth, but I have to admit I love the way they play.

Just a shame they cheated to get there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm the opposite. I love their football.

It's through gritted teeth, but I have to admit I love the way they play.

Just a shame they cheated to get there

I have to admit I find them tedious to watch. I don't like Liverpool any more than City as a club, but I find them much more entertaining as a 'neutral'. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I have to admit I find them tedious to watch. I don't like Liverpool any more than City as a club, but I find them much more entertaining as a 'neutral'. 

Each to their own. I can see why people don’t like it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

100%.

Arsenal are a good watch. Luton are a good watch. Newcastle are a good watch. Man City are quite boring to the point that games are “even” until they decide to just win. Because they can.

I think their football used to be good - and De Bruyne is the best player in the league IMO - but they’re quite… predictable now. 

• Like 3

I should add apart from the odd 10 minutes here and there while the wife is messing about before sticking something better on or if shes gone to bed early i don't watch much of any non villa football anymore (despite having sky here and literally every game on TV)

the chelsea game Saturday night is unfair as  I wont watch any of it but that's more because I'll have just watched the villa so will spend time with the kids instead, so take their next game on the Tuesday night at home to brentford - seriously whos watching that? that's not even getting 5 minutes of my time, absolutely zero interest in it

you then take the next weekends football and its liverpool vs luton, chelsea vs spus, us vs forest, arsenal vs newcastle and then its man city away to bournemouth on tv on the Saturday evening...I wont be watching a second of that game either

maybe interesting is the wrong word, i dunno maybe its not, they're not an interesting team, they're not a fun team

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

100%.

Arsenal are a good watch. Luton are a good watch. Newcastle are a good watch. Man City are quite boring to the point that games are “even” until they decide to just win. Because they can.

I think their football used to be good - and De Bruyne is the best player in the league IMO - but they’re quite… predictable now. 

Yeah I agree. They're ruthlessly efficient, but they're not entertaining to me in the slightest.

I like watching City actually, just not what they do in the final third. But the way they build it up through defence and midfield is pretty special.

But their attacking play is only really good to watch against a really top, top Champions League side who are pinning them back a bit and making them take risks.

Against lower / mid table sides they just play so conservatively and wait for the game to be handed to them really.

The F1 Drivers Championship, but Lewis Hamilton is the only one in a Formula One car whilst everyone else's vehicle is road legal.

Hamilton is still an amazing driver in an amazing machine. Incredible to watch. It's just no longer a race.

• Like 1

Â