The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Pep actually sums it up in his interview, paraphrasing him he's not getting 3 to 4 games find his form or his fitness, he's getting 20 minutes 

He did also say they still need him, they don't they never did 

He's looking like he's way down the pecking order at the moment, I don't think Doku is getting on the pitch much either 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Pep actually sums it up in his interview, paraphrasing him he's not getting 3 to 4 games find his form or his fitness, he's getting 20 minutes 

He did also say they still need him, they don't they never did 

He's looking like he's way down the pecking order at the moment, I don't think Doku is getting on the pitch much either 

Don't think he cares much TBH - getting a fair whack for getting splinters on his bottom, has medals, will still get picked for England. 

9 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

It's rare we managed it but like Benteke it seems we sold him at the absolute peak of his value and feel the benefit.

Or both players just went to the wrong clubs

Utterly predictable sadly. He will have a shorter career at peak level that he should/could have had if he acted like a professional outside the pitch. Being both a party animal and a professional athlete takes a toll and these days it just doesn't work. For long.

Having a fantastic career thou and getting stupid rich so if his drive isn't the same anymore who can blame him. Apart from the guys paying him £350k/w to be world class I guess. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Grealish definitely didn't go to the wrong club, he won the treble. 

So did Scott Carson.

Depends if you value accumulating trophies that are won in spite of you or actually becoming a better player.

On 15/02/2024 at 13:18, VillaChris said:

Get the feeling he's bored/frustrated from not playing much so will be more off the pitch incidents coming up over the next few months. Was same with us during lockdown.

I also think he's going to be left out of the Euros squad. Southgate never rated him much when he was in peak form for us. He also had a bit part role in the World cup and the squads are going back down to 23 players.

Foden and Maddison are locks for the creative midfield roles so if Rashford and Bowen end the season strongly then I just don't see how Grealish gets in unless Kane is the only CF named. Saka and probably Cole Palmer will be the other attacking options.

England omission will hurt him a fair bit and probably mean he pushes to leave Man. City I reckon.

He only didn’t rate him because he played for us. He hates us 

55 minutes ago, sne said:

Utterly predictable sadly. He will have a shorter career at peak level that he should/could have had if he acted like a professional outside the pitch. Being both a party animal and a professional athlete takes a toll and these days it just doesn't work. For long.

This. We've seen less talented footballers have far longer careers because they manage themselves more effectively. 

What I hate is that people are assuming all of this is witness to Pep's brilliance: Pep has one form of management and, in the long run, it hasn't worked with Jack. Citeh knew what he was like when they bought him.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

Barely 5 mins since Pep apologised for public slamming Philips for his weight he’s publicly slamming Jacks performances. 

And.... 

I think you need to put your stick down and stop looking for something to beat.

Pep maybe over stepped the mark in his criticism of Phillips but it in no way can it be compared to criticising a professional footballers performances.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

And.... 

I think you need to put your stick down and stop looking for something to beat.

Pep maybe over stepped the mark in his criticism of Phillips but it in no way can it be compared to criticising a professional footballers performances.

By all means criticise him but having made the mistake of going public with it once I think he should have learned to have kept that feedback in house. 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

By all means criticise him but having made the mistake of going public with it once I think he should have learned to have kept that feedback in house. 

I don't think Pep was that sorry, he just said what he needed to. Made the offended people content and he moves on.

I imagine he is far more irate with Jack than he has let on. Maybe this is him giving Jack a message he needs to take notice of before he becomes the next Cancelo...

Edited by Villan_of_oz

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think criticising someone for their weight is probably considered a bit more rude/taboo/impolite than criticising someone for their performances tbf. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think criticising someone for their weight is probably considered a bit more rude/taboo/impolite than criticising someone for their performances tbf. 

I have no problem with a manager criticising anybodies performances, it just doesn’t really need to be raised in public. The fact that Pep recently apologised for over sharing details about another player Id have thought he’d have learned about it.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think pep's criticism of Grealish is actually pretty sound 

He's not getting a run of games to get up to speed, the expectation of him at that level is to always be up to speed 

I find that weird tbh, like Man City players are the only ones in the world who are match fit from the training ground? 

I’m no Grealish fanboy but Pep has lost the plot a bit with this suggestion.

Â