The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

On 11/02/2024 at 13:25, VillaChris said:

Barry was still playing pretty well at premier league when he was 37-38 and that was no accident as think he gave up drinking when he was 20 after some incident we found out about.

The West Brom ‘taxi’ incident suggests he never saw that through 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

The West Brom ‘taxi’ incident suggests he never saw that through 

That was a strange one but then him even playing for West Brom was odd to see. Get the feeling that was such a lawless season for them with ill discipline rife in the dressing room and him on brink of retirement he just had a massive blowout! 

If he was still drinking on the quiet then ridiculous he was still playing to a good standard in the prem in midfield at 37/38.

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The right price yes, right time, debatable.

His price would have gone down not up, definitely right time. We are a better balanced team without him.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

His price would have gone down not up, definitely right time. We are a better balanced team without him.

He worked hard and would be a delight to watch in our 4-4-2 either on the left or as a 10 however what the rest of the team (and manager) would look like without us bagging that 100m does raise an interesting question. Who know's where we'd be right now but if there are Villans out there who hate him for the move it boggles the mind with the hindsight of Emery's reign, nevermind his personal success.

You're right, he left at the perfect time and uniquely we've both benefitted  I'd trade Grealish for Pau, Tielemans, Kamara, Bailey and Emery in a heartbeat. 100m for an academy player goes a long, long way.

A man can dream though, if there was any hope of bringing him back in the summer I say go for it. F*** it.

Edited by AV82

29 minutes ago, AV82 said:

He worked hard and would be a delight to watch in our 4-4-2 either on the left or as a 10 however what the rest of the team (and manager) would look like without us bagging that 100m does raise an interesting question. Who know's where we'd be right now but if there are Villans out there who hate him for the move it boggles the mind with the hindsight of Emery's reign, nevermind his personal success.

You're right, he left at the perfect time and uniquely we've both benefitted  I'd trade Grealish for Pau, Tielemans, Kamara, Bailey and Emery in a heartbeat. 100m for an academy player goes a long, long way.

A man can dream though, if there was any hope of bringing him back in the summer I say go for it. F*** it.

I don't hate him, I just don't love him either.

He was an amazing player for us but the value we got for him has changed our team. Like the Coutinho money for Liverpool.

If he came back here I'd be excited to see him play, but I also don't want him back because he's injured at a guess at least 30% of the time (at least).

I'm not slandering him, or slagging him off.... He was a very good player for us for about 3 seasons.

Now he's just player that I used to know...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

I don’t give a sugar coated word removed about his personal success when it is for the benefit of Man City…

If he had gone abroad and done it for Inter, Bayern, Real etc, I would have cheered him on and supported him…

but **** Man City, their owners, their players, their employees and their fans…

Cool.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sne said:

About to lose his drivers license again? After a speeding incident. According to the gossip rags.

Get the feeling he's bored/frustrated from not playing much so will be more off the pitch incidents coming up over the next few months. Was same with us during lockdown.

I also think he's going to be left out of the Euros squad. Southgate never rated him much when he was in peak form for us. He also had a bit part role in the World cup and the squads are going back down to 23 players.

Foden and Maddison are locks for the creative midfield roles so if Rashford and Bowen end the season strongly then I just don't see how Grealish gets in unless Kane is the only CF named. Saka and probably Cole Palmer will be the other attacking options.

England omission will hurt him a fair bit and probably mean he pushes to leave Man. City I reckon.

7 hours ago, sne said:

About to lose his drivers license again? After a speeding incident. According to the gossip rags.

Must have been serious if he’s in court for breaking the limit in a 30mph zone 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68408092.amp

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says Jack Grealish will return to his starting line-up on a regular basis when his performances improve.

The England midfielder, 28, started 41 games for City in last season's Treble-winning campaign, including the FA Cup and Champions League finals.

He has started only 19 games this term, including seven in the Premier League.

"He is the same player, he has the same manager, and the way we play has not changed," said Guardiola. 

"It's just the way he has performed. That's the difference."

This season, Grealish has had limited top-flight minutes and of his 19 starts, four were in the Community Shield, the European Super Cup, and both ties at the Club World Cup in Saudi Arabia.

He last started a league game on 29 December against Everton, when he was replaced by youngster Oscar Bobb after 52 minutes.

The £100m man remained on the bench throughout the win at Bournemouth on Saturday and there are no guarantees he will start the FA Cup fifth round tie at Luton.

"I said from day one, we need him," said Guardiola. "He has a special quality for our team. But it depends on him. Hopefully he can do a good last three months."

Grealish is not the first player to find himself in and out of Guardiola's team, such are the demands the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach places on his players.

And the England international has been warned he will not be given time to ease himself back into the City side.

"I cannot give players three or four games to get their rhythm," added Guardiola. "They have to find the rhythm to play for 20 minutes or 90.

"At a high level, the team don't wait to be fit. You cannot give someone three or four games to be fit. What about the 10 who don't play? They deserve not to play?

"You have to see the training sessions and all the small details. The players don't have to convince me. They have to convince themselves that they deserve to play."

Sounds like Jack has asked for more minutes and Pep is airing the laundry.

Honestly, part of me loves to see it. Fascinated to see if he gets another decent PL / CL side or goes down the West Ham / Galatasaray to Podcast pipeline.

• Like 1

Â