The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

It isn't an 'educated guess' though mate is it, how could it possibly be? It's just a guess.

Ok- step back, have a glass of water. Read the post. A guess would be me just picking at random. But my argument explicitly rests on actual evidence of high profile drinking incidents so is therefore educated 

• Like 1

Having 3 or 4-day benders once or twice a year is going to impact your body, and that is what makes the headlines. It doesn't matter how much he sweats it out. He's almost 30, it's incredibly embarrassing and has been for several years now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

It isn't an 'educated guess' though mate is it, how could it possibly be? It's just a guess.

Stop with the “mate” thing. There’s no point continuing this discussion 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

Ok- step back, have a glass of water. Read the post. A guess would be me just picking at random. But my argument explicitly rests on actual evidence of high profile drinking incidents so is therefore educated 

What argument? It's a pure guess, based on a handful of stories of a high profile footballer in the hyper-sensitive 24hr media churn, in which you've extrapolated an opinion. None of us have the first idea about Jack's private life.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

What argument? It's a pure guess, based on a handful of stories of a high profile footballer in the hyper-sensitive 24hr media churn, in which you've extrapolated an opinion. None of us have the first idea about Jack's private life.

I don’t think we’re ever gonna agree on this “mate” but since you want to carry on. There are literally multiple new stories showing him getting blind drunk in his private life including drunk driving. But no you’re right, it’s just as likely that he’s living a priestly existence in a monastery in his spare time. We just don’t know! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I don’t think we’re ever gonna agree on this “mate” but since you want to carry on. There are literally multiple new stories showing him getting blind drunk in his private life including drunk driving. But no you’re right, it’s just as likely that he’s living a priestly existence in a monastery in his spare time. We just don’t know! 

Grow up. From one extreme to the other.

• Haha 1

Some proper weirdos on here. Fawn after him throughout his Villa career, follow live footage of him going to training when he was about to leave in the mishope of him staying, then all of a sudden he is this unprofessional wasteman as soon as he leaves. Really, really weird.

I clapped him when he returned to VP and I will for future games unless he disrespects the club in some way.

• Like 1

He showed a lot of disrespect to us as a club.

If your wife renewed her vows to you and then you found out she was on Tinder looking for better, would that be ok?

That was Jack with us.

World class on his day, but thick as shit and more focused on his name and brand - he didn’t care about us as much as his brand needed him to at the time. And that’s fine, but it’s also disrespectful to those who believed in him and his words on a long term project. 

• Like 2

In my opinion, he's achieved what he set out to do. He won a few soulless trophies. 

Now he can focus on what seems more important to him. Shagging around, wearing shit expensive clothes, mingling with C-list rappers and drinking. 

One thing is for certain, I never want to see him back at our club. 

9 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Some proper weirdos on here. Fawn after him throughout his Villa career, follow live footage of him going to training when he was about to leave in the mishope of him staying, then all of a sudden he is this unprofessional wasteman as soon as he leaves. Really, really weird.

I clapped him when he returned to VP and I will for future games unless he disrespects the club in some way.

Fair play. I couldn't bring myself to clap personally, in fact over the WC I found myself audibly booing his name in the pub, which didn't endear me to the regulars.

16 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

When was the last time he went on a bender that wasn't after something extraordinary (promotion, title win, treble?)

Genuine question. 

No idea as i'm not his mate and no nothing about his personal life - i also couldnt care less what biscuit shons gets up to! 

14 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

When was the last time he went on a bender that wasn't after something extraordinary (promotion, title win, treble?)

Genuine question. 

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/manchester-city/2023/06/16/648c64e5e2704e6a9f8b460a.html

Ederson: "The Jack Grealish thing was a different story in the celebrations".

For four days many Manchester City players starred in an eternal party led by Grealish that took them to Ibiza, Turkey and, of course, Manchester.

"Jack Grealish always takes advantage when he has days off, there's nothing wrong with that," Ederson defended him.

That’s his own teammate saying “he always takes advantage when he has days off”.

And then a more direct answer to your question.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10487383/amp/Manchester-City-England-star-Jack-Grealish-turned-away-bar-drunk.html

Footage has emerged of Manchester City and England star Jack Grealish appearing worse for wear, apparently being refused entry from a bar on a night out on Sunday.

This was in Feb 2022, not celebrating anything in particular afaik.

He was dropped for this I believe, or possibly it was a previous incident.

I mean come on, use your eyes and your common sense. The stuff that gets reported in the media is when there’s photo / video evidence that makes it online.

To call all of this guesswork is delusional

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Like diving against us or continually looking to move to Spurs or United?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

https://amp.marca.com/en/football/manchester-city/2023/06/16/648c64e5e2704e6a9f8b460a.html

That’s his own teammate saying “he always takes advantage when he has days off”.

And then a more direct answer to your question.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10487383/amp/Manchester-City-England-star-Jack-Grealish-turned-away-bar-drunk.html

This was in Feb 2022, not celebrating anything in particular afaik.

He was dropped for this I believe, or possibly it was a previous incident.

I mean come on, use your eyes and your common sense. The stuff that gets reported in the media is when there’s photo / video evidence that makes it online.

To call all of this guesswork is delusional

It's honestly astounding that people are denying this. He's clearly a guy who drinks heavily when he has the chance to, and he always has been. 

The interesting question is whether he will in fact pay a price for it. After all, another one of City's party animals, Walker, is now in his mid 30s and seems to be in as excellent condition as ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

It’s more that to stay in the top flight into your late 30s you need to be extremely serious about looking after yourself, to an extent that would seem unhinged to your average punter.

There’s no sign at all that Grealish lives that kind of life. Nowadays even one night a week on the beers is disrupting your training / recovery enough to put you at a disadvantage.

The fact Grealish was caught on a heavy bender mid-season (a few days before a match) to the point he wasn’t even allowed into a venue, and was then dropped for a game … in his late 20s … doesn’t point to an elite level of professionalism.

I’m not saying at all that his career is just going to nosedive, but I think he is going to find it increasingly difficult when he turns 30, and will either have to make some lifestyle changes or lower his ambitions.

More of a Rooney decline than a Gazza decline, if that makes sense.

But he clearly takes far FAR better care of himself than Rooney did. 

This is my point. People acting like he’s a washed up, unfit no hoper

He’s fit as a **** fiddle

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

It's actually to the contrary, there's plenty of evidence that he has a PT who travels with him on holiday so he's boozing on the night and then flushing it out the next day, he's also got access to city's medical team and facility, the one thing he has got going for him is that everyone knows what he is and he'll be on a programme and diet that works around it

I'm not saying he's Ronaldo but at the same time the extent of his drinking is grossly exaggerated on here as is his lack of care 

Exactly 

Â