The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

12 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Grealish in the England team despite being absolute crap for City, couldn't make it up. 🤣 He could take a dump on the pitch and they'd select him, he plays for City after all. 

To be fair the is a few like that. Harry maguire hasn’t played in a month at Utd because the new boss has realised very quickly he is at best very average yet not getting a game for your club is less important than being at a big club in Southgate eyes. Just look at jack, Phillips, maguire and shaw all players that have hardly kicked a ball this season because managers don’t think they are good enough yet the England manager had more or less given them all a ticket to the most elite completion in the world.

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I think he'll be back here in some capacity within the next 18 months. 

I don’t think that will be happening, the love affair is over ! He was great for us but he fell in love with the limelight and wanted better things , fair enough …. my guess is Real Madrid ( his second favourite club ! After Citeh 🤣) 2-3 years in La Liga , retired 

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

To be fair the stats doesn't lie. 

For a 100 M player with his current goal/assist ratio its just horrendous really. 

His goal / assist ratio was never waht made him a £100m player same as that tweet will get a laugh but 0 aerial duals won isn't a shocker either 

Did try to look earlier what his successful dribbles stats were like for city because that being 0 is the shocker, I'm sure in December for us he was 3rd in europe behind only messi and neymar for carries in to the opponents penalty area (or chances created in open play, one or the other) and saw that last season he was actually city's most successful dribbler, those are the 2 stats that are worth measuring and comparing because that's where he was so good for villa, I'm sure there was one graph that was for something like a ball carry that resulted in a positive forward pass or some such nonsense and he absolutely miles out on his own for it, head and shoulders above the rest of the league

To the naked eye his taking players on looks nothing like what we saw at villa, I'd love to see that graph again with city's grealish on it, the drop off there will be huge 

He’s primarily trying to play thru-balls or having to play it sideways or backwards. He doesn’t get to take players on like he did for us because that is not how city play. Pass and move, pass and move. Simple, but they are bloody good at it. He never was a city player, they just wanted to flex at a time when Grealish’s stock was high. 

The important thing is whether or not he cares that he is having to play that way. And you can 100% guarantee that he does not give a
 crap. He will not want to come back to us. 

Edited by Tayls

7 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I think he'll be back here in some capacity within the next 18 months. 

Hope not.

I would be excited but not interested right now.

A statue outside the ground for all time was there for him.

7 hours ago, Pinebro said:

To be fair the stats doesn't lie. 

For a 100 M player with his current goal/assist ratio its just horrendous really. 

He was never a 100 million player on his ability alone. He brought social media value being English and a bit of  a lad.

He was worth 100 million in the sense  as that is what we valued him when he signed his last contract with us. 

Guardian football weekly has a section on him saying he needs to show his worth soon or he could be binned off.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

He was never a 100 million player on his ability alone. He brought social media value being English and a bit of  a lad.

He was worth 100 million in the sense  as that is what we valued him when he signed his last contract with us. 

Guardian football weekly has a section on him saying he needs to show his worth soon or he could be binned off.

The problem is City cant just bin him anywhere. Only 3 teams can potentially afford him in England and they wont sell to United. Maybe Todd Boehly likes his stats if not then Newcastle who he probably wont want to play for

Â