The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont feel sad for Grealish, he knew he was going to play for a boring negative manager that would ruin him

I am sad for football as thats what it is. Take the blinkers off and he is easily the best English player of last 20 years who didnt come through an academy system. 

Grealish was a maverick, a genius then he met 2 managers that killed his skills to be "better" One is a drugtaker and one is well Gareth Southgate

Didn't he come through the Villa academy? What does that mean

Seen some old highlights of JG when he played for us, he looked a different player to now playing for the oil barons.

There may be some truth that he stood out because most of the team were not as good as him, but that team still won promotion from the Championship...

I thinks its a combination of poor form, JG style is not suited to Pep, the oil barons bought him because (a) the could and (b) did not want him to go to the other sky scum 5, now JG is a small fish in a big pond and perhaps JG's ego thought he was better than he thought he was

Still its a shame to see such a talent go to waste

VTID

Jack didn't get much joy against Dortmund but neither did Mahrez or Foden when he came on.

This was more down to Dortmund's brilliant defense than the failings of City's creative players.

In the end it took two goals of extraordinary quality to give City the win, which is what the CL is all about.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont feel sad for Grealish, he knew he was going to play for a boring negative manager that would ruin him

I am sad for football as thats what it is. Take the blinkers off and he is easily the best English player of last 20 years who didnt come through an academy system. 

Grealish was a maverick, a genius then he met 2 managers that killed his skills to be "better" One is a drugtaker and one is well Gareth Southgate

thats where i am too

i dont enjoy him failing there, for me it says that the best player villa produced in a generation, a key player for us and we were on a march was bought by a team that doesn't need him and have seemingly no interest in playing him to his strengths and he looks terrible, they've then done the same with phillips

im sad for villa, what does this say about us and where football is at? its not good

• Like 1

It's been nearly 2 years since Jack has been at his best. Nothing to do with his partying lifestyle as he's always been in good shape..

But long, lengthy, recurring injuries and a few seasons isn't going to help him play a long career. And a couple of seasons of only getting bit part games and 20 odd appearances are not going to help him get back into form.

He needs to be playing regular, competitive football. Having a 3 month injury and getting 60 mins every 3 weeks isn't going to get him back to his 20/21 form and see him playing in the Prem until he's 35.

It's frustrating because the country was all screaming for him at the Euros. He'd finally reached the level he wanted and deserved. Another season playing like he was and he'd have had the same thing at the World Cup.

Before you know it he'd have been Gazza, the way he's still talked about from Italia 90 etc. But it's kind of all ruined itself for him. 

He was always going to leave Villa at some point and tarnish his reputation here a bit.. but he's managed to do it both locally and nationally in one fell swoop. It's a shame.

I wonder where he will go next? A loan move back to us would be good, he'd get to play with Coutinho. 4 2 3 1 with Jack Coutinho Bailey would be lots of fun.

I don't get why Villa fans have any bad blood towards him. 100m we got for him, which is far above his value. He also got the chance to compete for the top titles and get paid mega money too. 

• Like 2

I don’t see him at Newcastle at all. Either sticking around as a ball retention tool for Pep, waiting and rediscovering his magic when Pep leaves, or coming back here in a couple years. If he does move anywhere else it will be an Arsenal, Man Utd or a ‘cool’ city abroad where he knows a couple of the players and can speak English. Maybe link up with Tammy at Roma.

Edited by a m ole

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Foden for starters.  

Was getting pelters from City fans after their draw with us.  Hadn't noticed a big drop off in form myself from him but they all seem to be wondering what's happened to him.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

thats where i am too

i dont enjoy him failing there, for me it says that the best player villa produced in a generation, a key player for us and we were on a march was bought by a team that doesn't need him and have seemingly no interest in playing him to his strengths and he looks terrible, they've then done the same with phillips

im sad for villa, what does this say about us and where football is at? its not good

But surely an elite 100m player should produce results no matter where he is asked to play. How come Sterling and Jesus managed it when asked to play all over the place ?

He just isn’t good enough for them. Needs to be at a midtable club that’s pushing for top 6.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But surely an elite 100m player should produce results no matter where he is asked to play. How come Sterling and Jesus managed it when asked to play all over the place ?

He just isn’t good enough for them. Needs to be at a midtable club that’s pushing for top 6.

Alvarez looks far more impressive 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Alvarez looks far more impressive 

Pretty much everybody they sign does. There was so much talk of can you imagine how good Jack will be with better players around him. But nobody actually considered maybe he wouldn’t look as good with better players around him! 

Â