The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

No he wasn't.

We look a much better team without him already

He was. He was everything to us last year, hence why he sold for £100m

We were too reliant on him though. 

35 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Think he's too focused on trying not to mess up in Peps system. We'll probably see him come into his own next season. Not unheard of under Guardiola.

True but with Sterling, Silva, Mahrez, Foden, KDB, Jesus and likely Alvarez, and maybe in the summer a striker, is he going to get the chance?  There only so many attacking positions and he keeps being dumped in the false 9 position, at some point they’ll put somebody else there and then who do they drop to keep him in the side.

I think his style doesn’t fit them, I thought when they brought him it was to use his running ability with the ball at defenders but they’ve basically allowed him to do anything but that.  It’s not because he hasn’t had the opportunity but he gets the ball and immediately passes off, that’s not the great part of his game.  Square peg in a round hole for me.

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

It’s a shame what he’s become right now because he’s as good as anything I’ve seen play for us. Easy to forget sometimes but Jack was simply unplayable, unstoppable and a joy to watch at times.

Absolutely. People have short memories. He was sensational in the last couple of seasons for us and his performances were streets ahead of anything we've seen at VP in a number of years. 

• Like 3

Just now, bobzy said:

Bring him back for £40m in the summer. 

Not disagreeing with you entirely because Jack for us (football wise) was sensational.  

But and a big but, something is not right with him. He’s certainly not enjoying his football right now but outside of the pitch, is it mental health, alcohol, drugs or women, or a combination of all?  Big red flag right now.

I really don’t think Gerrard would want what he has become. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Would you drop signing Coutinho for £33m if it meant we could bring Jack back for £50m?

No. I’m still a big fan but we’ve moved on. 

Maybe one day.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, as far as I'm concerned he's just a guy who used to play for us. I really don't get the desperation to bring him back. 

His form has fallen off a cliff, Buendia looks twice the player and is delighted to be here. 

Grealish will be sold for about £40m to another top but nevertheless lesser team who can afford his wages, fail there and end up signing for whoever is doing an Everton in a few years near the end of his contract. Ross Barkley mk2

Edited by sidcow

15 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Would you drop signing Coutinho for £33m if it meant we could bring Jack back for £50m?

I may change my mind over the coming months if Coutinho ends up being poor but if I had to decide today I think I’d plump for Coutinho.  I have a number of reasons, some really good reasons and some poor reasons but Coutinho would win at the moment.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Without a doubt. I want Coutinho to hit form again but that's up in the air. Even if he has a great second half of the season, it likely won't eclipse Jack's 20/21 season, which was as good a season I've seen from any player in a long time.

• Like 1

Â