The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

If he could score as prolifically as little Jack he would be world-class

All Villa fans were saying he was world class last year, you don't spend £100m to bolster the squad

3 hours ago, May-Z said:

There was a glimpse of the Villa Grealish for one run yesterday. Picked it up on half way and drove straight at the CBs, eventually getting a free kick of Azpilacueta. He just doesn't do that anymore...which is the big issue because it's what he is best at.

Apparently Pep was disgusted at him doing that, he only wants Jack to get the ball and then quickly pass back to one of his defenders.  Jack apologises for doing what he’s world class at and will fall back into line by only receiving the ball before passing backwards.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Spoony said:

It does sadden me that Pep ball has castrated him though

Maybe his missus needs some tips from Pep given how Pep has completed tamed the football out of him.  Maybe it could work for other parts of his life 😂

• Haha 1

I mean that could be one way to get people on side. Next time he starts, ignore all what pep has said, play like did at Villa, City fans and neutrals will prob love it, Pep will be flaming and sub him off at half time/55 mins, everyone on tiktok will be like wtf Grillfish was having an awesome game. Pep will be questioned about it and be all 'He was NOT CONFORMING TO THE SYSTEM' like a dictator but people will be badgering him to play him more etc. 

Maybe

Let’s be real, he never was a £100m player, he was just worth that to us. At the time, Grealish was the difference between premier league and championship. It’s kind of mental they decided to pay that. With a bit of perspective that we now have, Purslow’s comment of “we didn’t think anyone would pay it” makes more sense. 

If we were offered him back for £100m, I’d say you’re having an absolute laugh. He’s worth £50-70m max I’d say. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Let’s be real, he never was a £100m player, he was just worth that to us. At the time, Grealish was the difference between premier league and championship. It’s kind of mental they decided to pay that. With a bit of perspective that we now have, Purslow’s comment of “we didn’t think anyone would pay it” makes more sense. 

If we were offered him back for £100m, I’d say you’re having an absolute laugh. He’s worth £50-70m max I’d say. 

They were paying an inflated fee for England’s golden boy too, sadly for them, fans now aren’t as hot on Jack because of his move. 

He will come good, but he will never be that free flowing player we saw. He will be the City version, a new Jack who loses the flair.

Wanted to share this city fan insight into Grealish: Pep literally yanked him out of conventional football and pushed him head first into a nebula of tactics. He's going to morph into a very dynamic winger if he wants. And if he doesn't, he'll look more and more like an okapi. Not giraffe, not zebra (Not his oldself neither new)

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Well he is going to get his winners medal for sure. But will it mean everything to him ? A piece of metal at a souless club for checking back and passing the ball 500 times in a season . 

Its the champions league where he is going to get frustrated now. There is no way Jack gets into the line up at the business end of the season. 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its the champions league where he is going to get frustrated now. There is no way Jack gets into the line up at the business end of the season. 

Pep does weird things in the business end of the Champions League, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Jack start a CL final at right back 🤣

5 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

They were paying an inflated fee for England’s golden boy too, sadly for them, fans now aren’t as hot on Jack because of his move. 

He will come good, but he will never be that free flowing player we saw. He will be the City version, a new Jack who loses the flair.

If that is the case and agree this will probably be the end result it asks the question why bother in the fist place? They never needed him did they?

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

If that is the case and agree this will probably be the end result it asks the question why bother in the fist place? They never needed him did they?

They like to weaken us?

You could of course argue the £100 million has made us stronger too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

They like to weaken us?

You could of course argue the £100 million has made us stronger too.

I think it certainly has. I was disappointed with Jack going, but with the power on hindsight it's the best thing that could have happened to Aston Villa.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I was disappointed with Jack going, but with the power on hindsight it's the best thing that could have happened to Aston Villa.

This is 100% where I'm at now.  It's still a bit dreamland,  our bench against UTD.  Amazing.

Look at what we have been through in the last decade.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Pep does weird things in the business end of the Champions League, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Jack start a CL final at right back 🤣

Be playing defensive midfield with Rodri as a false 9. Has the league won already but tries new tactics with no preparation 😂

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Marketing potential, England’s glory boy, reducing the chance we may catch them if we are to our team with Jack.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Marketing potential, England’s glory boy, reducing the chance we may catch them if we are to our team with Jack.

come on...

first bit i agree with, they bought him because they want 8 year old kids in places like devon and kent to put grealish posters on their walls instead of salah and take a day trip for their birthday filling up some of these empty seats and for that reason they definitely need him

Â