The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I thought he did a little better today. Was trying to make things happen.But he doesnt get the passes any more. I would have thought him and Foden would link up well but if he passes to Foden, 90 percent of the time he doesnt get it back. A total waste but i think its obvious. Without that 100 mill we wpuld be hamstrung in terms of recruitment.

He is going to win everything without actually contributing to winning anything 

26 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Genuinely think I’ve only seen him play well for villa. He’s largely average for England and City. Villa suited him. I guarantee that at some stage in his life he will regret leaving. 100%

You watched England v Germany, right?

36 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I agree with you here. Who would you rather have watched in the England side during the Euros ... apart from Mings of course.

Harry world class ball playing defender Maguire is the answer :P 

It's ridiculous to say he doesn't perform because Pep doesn't use him right.

True world class players like Gerrard, Zidane etc would be world class in any system and under any manager.

Gerrard even got moved to the wing at times under Rafa and still performed at the highest level.

The best players are intelligent and can adapt.

If Grealish can't make it under one of the greatest managers ever he was never as good as we thought he was. Just a decent player who stood out because of all the dross that was around him. Just a decent player. Nothing more nothing less.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I imagine the sun will love a £100m flop, the problem will be that it will come with a claim that he was never really that good anyway 

And that will piss me off because he was, he was brilliant for us but with the way English football is that will all be swept under the carpet because we're Aston Villa

His failure at city will have a belittling of us tacked on to it 

Which is so infuriating as he is playing against the same teams. It’s not as if he’s moved leagues. He absolutely destroyed Liverpool and Arsenal last season, was sensational. That patronising ‘step up’ thing is such a load of rubbish because when he is given the ball now, he does nothing with it, barely even tries. It’s not the ‘step up’ that’s the problem it’s the fact that he doesn’t suit their system.
I think he will probably get a really vital goal or assist for them later this season and it will do his confidence and standing with his team mates the world of good and things will settle for him from there.

I wouldn’t be against him returning to Villa but it won’t be anytime soon. He will be very successful and we’re going to have give him a guard of honour last match of the season. Whether he enjoys his football as much, probably not, but it’s a small trade off for the success and massive wages.

26 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's ridiculous to say he doesn't perform because Pep doesn't use him right.

True world class players like Gerrard, Zidane etc would be world class in any system and under any manager.

Gerrard even got moved to the wing at times under Rafa and still performed at the highest level.

The best players are intelligent and can adapt.

If Grealish can't make it under one of the greatest managers ever he was never as good as we thought he was. Just a decent player who stood out because of all the dross that was around him. Just a decent player. Nothing more nothing less.

Bit simplistic. Gerrard was quite average for England tbh. It can often happen that top players just don’t fit or struggle to settle. 

7 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

I have been watching Villa for 50 years and their is no question he is the most talented player to play for us in that time.

Is Jack regretting signing for Man City?His wages have been tripled,he is very likely to win the premier league title

and maybe champions league so probably not.

Will he ever recapture that form and the ability to show his unique skills he showed with us? maybe not.
Will he ever have that adoration that we gave him ?maybe not.

Have we found a player that has maybe 80% of his ability,?yes

At the moment it looks like we have done extremely well out of the deal and he has got some time of the things that he wanted but maybe he will have to sacrifice that free flowing ability that he was able exhibit with us but the move was inevitable.

Yeah, I'm sure it's a tradeoff he's happy with. He'd have known it would likely be the case before signing and it didn't deter him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah, I'm sure it's a tradeoff he's happy with. He'd have known it would likely be the case before signing and it didn't deter him.

Im not sure he did. I think and probably rightfully so that he could get into the City team. The problem is his advisors and his Dad just chased the money and never once told him that he will play for a managerial dictator who doesn't want individual flair but robotic players 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Remember at that Villa training camp in the summer and one fan shouted out to Jack “City will ruin you”… turns out that fan was Nostradamus. 

Or just a regular, averagely knowledgable fan ;)

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I’m sure Oriol Romeu was terrified at the news that Jack was waiting for him in the tunnel after yesterday’s match. 

He’s probably still on the pitch hiding behind a corner flag.

I hope he flops more than his own hair, and is left out of the World Cup squad.

Sold his soul.

But it won’t happen.  Because good old Pinocchio wouldn’t pick him when he was on fire for us, but won’t drop him when he’s playing shit for them.

• Like 2

Â