The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

It will be his first title medal (let’s face it, play off win aside, his first “real” honour), so I would assume he’ll be delighted.

But I think it’s reasonable to wonder how much it will mean to him having attained it from not being the star. Frankly, not really being in the running as the star. As it currently stands. 

Of course, not every player who wins a medal can be the main guy, it’s impossible for that to be the case and I would suspect most are happy to know they have played their part while others take a larger share of the limelight.

Depends on how much you think Grealish needs to be centre of attention I guess. Where he ranks on the Ronaldo scale in that regard.

His first title medal will probably mean enough to offset such thoughts. But if he won a second title medal having been closer to his old Villa self, that would probably mean more. I’d guess, anyway, there’s only one person who could answer it.

57 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It will be his first title medal (let’s face it, play off win aside, his first “real” honour), so I would assume he’ll be delighted.

But I think it’s reasonable to wonder how much it will mean to him having attained it from not being the star. Frankly, not really being in the running as the star. As it currently stands. 

Of course, not every player who wins a medal can be the main guy, it’s impossible for that to be the case and I would suspect most are happy to know they have played their part while others take a larger share of the limelight.

Depends on how much you think Grealish needs to be centre of attention I guess. Where he ranks on the Ronaldo scale in that regard.

His first title medal will probably mean enough to offset such thoughts. But if he won a second title medal having been closer to his old Villa self, that would probably mean more. I’d guess, anyway, there’s only one person who could answer it.

He's dumb, arrogant, therefore he won't care at all. It won't even be a thought for him!

10 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He's dumb, arrogant, therefore he won't care at all. It won't even be a thought for him!

You need to let it go mate. He's gone, its time to move on and get on with your life. Just remember the happy times. You'll find someone new to love in time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

You need to let it go mate. He's gone, its time to move on and get on with your life. Just remember the happy times. You'll find someone new to love in time. 

I'm just responding to the post, I'll do what I like thank you very much!

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

Eurgh unpopular opinion now. I’m going to caveat this with I genuinely am now over Grealish and I'm definitely in the heartbroken stalker ex category of Villa fan.

Despite his personal life and rough start to his Man City career, he has actually been a model professional and handled this well. Ok he did the **** up with Foden. He’s otherwise done everything Pep has asked or him, he hasn’t actually complained, his performances haven’t been hindered by his mental sex life, he plays where he is needed, and he has played pretty well. He actually deserves some credit. And despite everything I can’t fight the feeling that I want him to do well. 

I hope he can sort out his personal life and not waste his career to the partying and the booze, because we love football because of special talents like him. 

It does sadden me that Pep ball has castrated him though. We know what he can do and it’s a shame he’s not allowed because really I just want to see him come alive because he’s such a joy to watch. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

Eurgh unpopular opinion now. I’m going to caveat this with I genuinely am now over Grealish and I'm definitely in the heartbroken stalker ex category of Villa fan.

Despite his personal life and rough start to his Man City career, he has actually been a model professional and handled this well. Ok he did the **** up with Foden. He’s otherwise done everything Pep has asked or him, he hasn’t actually complained, his performances haven’t been hindered by his mental sex life, he plays where he is needed, and he has played pretty well. He actually deserves some credit. And despite everything I can’t fight the feeling that I want him to do well. 

I hope he can sort out his personal life and not waste his career to the partying and the booze, because we love football because of special talents like him. 

It does sadden me that Pep ball has castrated him though. We know what he can do and it’s a shame he’s not allowed because really I just want to see him come alive because he’s such a joy to watch. 

He absolutely hasn't been playing well and has been a big disappointment for them.

He wasn't signed for just one season though and should start stepping up, by that I mean start winning matches on his own, that's why you pay £100m.

15 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He absolutely hasn't been playing well and has been a big disappointment for them.

He wasn't signed for just one season though and should start stepping up, by that I mean start winning matches on his own, that's why you pay £100m.

Thing is with City they rarely need a player to win a game on his own.  They are a team.  Jack might get better I expect him to in their system but he will never be the star he might bag a couple in a 5-0 win for instance but that is about it.

There was a glimpse of the Villa Grealish for one run yesterday. Picked it up on half way and drove straight at the CBs, eventually getting a free kick of Azpilacueta. He just doesn't do that anymore...which is the big issue because it's what he is best at.

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Thing is with City they rarely need a player to win a game on his own.  They are a team.  Jack might get better I expect him to in their system but he will never be the star he might bag a couple in a 5-0 win for instance but that is about it.

City are a team of stars who seem to take turns being the one in form. Grealish needs to find that form, and start scoring.

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

City are a team of stars who seem to take turns being the one in form. Grealish needs to find that form, and start scoring.

If he could score as prolifically as little Jack he would be world-class

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

If he could score as prolifically as little Jack he would be world-class

It’s quite astounding how little he does score and assist for a £100m player in a team that dominates games.

Then you look at Ramsay and Coutinho last night… they have nearly matched Jacks numbers already in one game. 

• Like 3

Â