The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, The_Steve said:

He's said in multiple interviews he wants more goals and assists. That's what he's brought in for and should be judged on.

He has be judged on them. He's the most expensive player in league history.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They weren't boring but they had so much attacking weapons including that little Argentinian guy. He tried similar at Bayern and City and its boring to watch and not effective in Europe 

Have to agree with the original poster. The Tikka takka era of football made for extremely boring viewing. Spain's World Cup win versus the Netherlands springs to mind 😴. Thank God Klopp and gegenpressing came along. Definitely changed football for the better. 

5 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Have to agree with the original poster. The Tikka takka era of football made for extremely boring viewing. Spain's World Cup win versus the Netherlands springs to mind 😴. Thank God Klopp and gegenpressing came along. Definitely changed football for the better. 

I remember Spain in 2012 and it was dire as didnt play a striker. Possession for the sake of it. 

Probably what Lambert picked up

Emile Smith-Rowe, Jarrod Bowen could both be looking for a place in the WC squad.

Greal-hiss just doesn't look the same player, he's running around in little circles on the left-side, checks back when receiving the ball and when he does take someone on he loses the ball.

Maybe next season he'll fit better being an automaton, but then Guardiola is supposedly leaving them soon...

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just switched over.

Very good run from him there to be fair.

Agreed, done nothing before that apart from miss a chance he should’ve taken.  

Does a run he’s famous for, for the first time and gets a great free kick, it’s not rocket science yet Man City haven’t let him do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

You can see he’s having to actually think when he’s moving off the ball. Might be that Pep makes him better positionally, but I just don’t think either of them are clever enough to achieve it. 

His team mates don’t trust him yet. 

Yeah have said a few times, genuinely never thought Man City suited his game.

• Like 1

I wonder what he;’s thinking about when he doesn’t have the ball? 

‘I’ve really got to prove my worth when I get it’

’Is Pep watching?’

’Where do I need to stand now?’ 

’I need to look happy when my teammates score without me’

’What do I look like when I’m on camera’

‘I wonder if I’ll meet a woman with big norks this evening?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

Southgate won’t drop him through, he now has marketing value for England.

Totally infuriating, and I felt a bit of a dig at Villa fans, for Southgate to suggest a few months back that Grealish was a much more confident, rounded player now he's at City. Really?

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Totally infuriating, and I felt a bit of a dig at Villa fans, for Southgate to suggest a few months back that Grealish was a much more confident, rounded player now he's at City. Really?

Crazy isn’t it, shows that no matter the form, playing for a “Rich club” means you get more recognition. 

Â