The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

No mate we will still push on under NSWE this isn’t on them they’ve been done here by Stella and camp Grealish. 

No, this will be a huge step back but he’s not going anyway despite your sources

• Like 2

If it’s “done” pending a medical then the clubs should just announce it’s “done pending a medical”. I will lose respect for our club here if we make our fans suffer through another few days of silent speculation about Jack only to sell him after a medical.  This is different to most transfers and they need to respect that. Grealish is representative of the fan base and this transfer will hurt like no other in history.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we’d sell him if he didn’t want the move. 

We don’t know he does and we don’t know that we are selling him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

We don’t know he does and we don’t know that we are selling him.

Fair points.  I know most of you ignore this but the 1.4 on offer rather than suspending the betting give me hope. If it’s a done deal the bookies don’t hang about. 

They pulled Kane betting straight away….

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair points.  I know most of you ignore this but the 1.4 on offer rather than suspending the betting give me hope. If it’s a done deal the bookies don’t hang about. 

They pulled Kane betting straight away….

I saw it. Just didn't know what it meant lol. Me and gambling aren't compatible. I throw money at horses because of their names and number. That's, in essence, my gambling knowledge. 

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I saw it. Just didn't know what it meant lol. Me and gambling aren't compatible. I throw money at horses because of their names and number. That's, in essence, my gambling knowledge. 

Same mate but I’d like to believe enough people in the know aren’t lumping enough money on yet. Or maybe many deluded villa fans are lumping on him staying so they keep the market open. 

I suppose with Kane he came out and said he wants to leave.

Of course it's disappointing and we're losing a tremendous player.

The timing sucks but I don't blame our club. There's nothing they can do to prevent another club bidding for a player (especially with agents paving the way and influencing the player and buying club behind the scenes) 

It will undoubtedly hurt us short term, having to learn to play and win without him but we will be alright with some more shrewd signings.

This move could make him genuinely into a world class player and challenge for the Ballon D'Or but could also ruin him if he allows the money, fame and adulation go to his head. 

Jack will have to adapt to no longer being the main man at a club and this may be an issue. He wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't take things that don't go for him very well. He'll need to mature for sure. 

Am I gutted? Yes. Do I wish him well? Not really, he's been brilliant but is  bugging out despite the club being in the best shape for years. 

It's not every day a local player comes through the ranks to captain the club and proffesses their love for the team. All hollow words in a world where cash is king and loyalty is a gimmick. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

This move could make him genuinely into a world class player and challenge for the Ballon D'Or but could also ruin him if he allows the money, fame and adulation go to his head. 

Doubt this.  If we had the likes of Mahrez, De Bruyne, Silva, etc in our team they’d look amazing. At City he will just be another player. 

• Like 2

As much as I have loved Jack's time as our captain and he's def one of the best players we've had in my 43 years as a Villa fan.

I don't enjoy how reliant we've been on him, I know all clubs suffer without their best players, look at Van Lesbian at Livepool. But we are so comically poor without him, every time he gets injured we play like headless chickens for 5-6 matches, I know last season we had a few results without him but it's always the exception to the rule.

Our best eleven is good, but we have zero depth. I hope that if we reinvest his transfer fee wisely we won't necessarily end up playing better than without Grealish but will have a more balanced team with better players in more positions, so that we have a bit of a consistency rather than the jeckyl and hyde performances we saw last season.

I personally don't think this move will have come to a shock to the owners, they probably new before the Euros that City were interested and his agent was trying to get him big move, so some of the tentative moves for players reported as concrete offers were more than likely 'worst case scenario' signings we would turn to if Grealish did want to leave. So some ground work has been done.

I fully believe the club still hoped he would sign a new improved contract, but would have been more than prepared for the likelihood of him going. Maybe Jack even made some noises that his mind wasn't made up, so a few moves were put on hold.

The biggest issue is some players may have been waiting to see if Jack stayed before making the move. I still think it will only take another big name signing or two for more to follow.

Either way like 99% of our fans I will be relieved when it's all over with.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 3

That’ means literally nothing. It’s empty words. “Medical ready if agreement is reached.” No **** shit, that’s how transfers work, cheers Fab. Bellend. Pushing to complete but still might not complete and will instead sign a new deal, i.e. no one knows anything. The hysteria is hilarious.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

Â