The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

So, NSWE are no different to previous regimes and mediocre clubs who sell their best players to the top clubs.

Good to know when this happens again next Summer with Martinez.

Be 'Prepared for failure' should be our new motto.

As soon as Grealish bizarrely turned into some English folk hero in the summer ,and people who didn't even like football was aware of him, I knew he would be off. 

We should have never made a fuss when Southgate didn't put him in the England squads. It will probably be the same for Watkins next year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe but put it is this way, I reckon if Jack played for Arsenal and city offered 100m they would sell.  They rolled over with Henry, Van Persie and Nasri to name just a few and that was when they were actually title challengers. 

I think you are looking down on our club too harshly. 

Not at all.  Selling Jack would one of the worst decisions we’ve made for decades and given we’ve all been through with owners and managers that’s saying something.  For the first time in a very long time we could be on the brink of really getting back closer to the bigger boys but the first hurdle we could be close to falling flat on our face.  This is a major point in recent years for the direction this club goes in the near term.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It's not so much the actual selling of him. It's the timing of it.

So if Real Madrid had a working fax machine, Man United would just be a club that sells their players when the big teams come calling? ;)

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Madness to think it is isn’t crazy money. My mate that supports Leeds said he’d be happy to sell any of their players for 100m including Philips. Our infatuation with Jack and how good we think he actually is is unhealthy.

This.

You only have to go back to some of the Euro threads unhealthy the obsession is from a few. I even got accused of not being a Villa fan because I wasn’t giving Southgate dogs abuse for not starting Jack. 

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Not at all.  Selling Jack would one of the worst decisions we’ve made for decades and given we’ve all been through with owners and managers that’s saying something.  For the first time in a very long time we could be on the brink of really getting back closer to the bigger boys but the first hurdle we could be close to falling flat on our face.  This is a major point in recent years for the direction this club goes in the near term.

Again you're ignoring what the player wants. Again I'll ask - would you want a player at this club who wants to be elsewhere?

1 minute ago, djdabush said:

Imagine how annoying it will be when Southgate starts him for every England game and says that it's because he's improved his game at city.

You know it's going to happen.

4 minutes ago, grobs said:

Hopefully his tissue shins mean he misses most the season. Rat 

Yessss! Grob is back!

Where's that JonesVilla gone?

Get him and Grobs to compete for worst and most obvious troll.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think many clubs in the world would stop Jack leaving for 100m if he wants to leave. Especially when he has dodgy shins.

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Madness to think it is isn’t crazy money. My mate that supports Leeds said he’d be happy to sell any of their players for 100m including Philips. Our infatuation with Jack and how good we think he actually is is unhealthy.

It's not. Do you know many players who receive the quality of plaudits Jack does from such knowledgeable people in the game? The likes of Mourinho, Wenger have spoken extremely highly of him, and there's many, many others. And it's not standard praise, it's special praise. We just know how good he is better than anyone because we see him play every week.

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So, NSWE are no different to previous regimes and mediocre clubs who sell their best players to the top clubs.

This is just it though isn't it? 

If we can't keep Jack, next year martinez & watkins, if buendia has a good season he'll be gone too.. 

We were utterly awful for the couple of months when Jack got injured this year.. 

I can't say I'll be looking forward to watching that.. If we can't keep our best players, really, what is the point? 

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

This 'sells our best players' thing is annoying and tiresome. Every club sells a player who wants to move, if a club is willing to pay their asking price, including some of the biggest clubs in the world.

Would you want to keep anyone who didn't want to be at this club?

Does Jack definitely want to move.  I reckon this would be the hardest decision he ever has had to make and we could make it so easy for him by saying we don’t want him to go and he’s not for sale.

Secondly if our asking price is 100m, that is severely undervaluing him not only as a player but the value to our club.

I’m tired of some of our fans giving in at the first opportunity, it’s small club mentality.  Why can’t we be like Levy and be stubborn .  We will never progress if we sell our best players so feebly.

Hes going nowhere

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think many clubs in the world would stop Jack leaving for 100m if he wants to leave. Especially when he has dodgy shins.

Just the teams we are competing with!

Again you are also still assuming he wants to leave.

Just now, nick76 said:

Does Jack definitely want to move.  I reckon this would be the hardest decision he ever has had to make and we could make it so easy for him by saying we don’t want him to go and he’s not for sale.

Secondly if our asking price is 100m, that is severely undervaluing him not only as a player but the value to our club.

I’m tired of some of our fans giving in at the first opportunity, it’s small club mentality.  Why can’t we be like Levy and be stubborn .  We will never progress if we sell our best players so feebly.

Hes going nowhere

He has a contract offer on the table from us - so if he goes, yes he does want to move. We haven't sold him feebly and we won't, I'm sure Purslow and co will get an excellent deal for him, if he is to go. They won't let him go lightly.

He's a special player with a special relationship with our fans, it'll have to be a mega deal. Unless there's a release clause 😂

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Which he could’ve got from Arsenal but brought into our project which included Jack.  Villa without Jack, I think Buendia would’ve favoured Arsenal because our project looks less attractive.

No mate we will still push on under NSWE this isn’t on them they’ve been done here by Stella and camp Grealish. 

Just now, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Unfortunately, the way football works is that you can't keep one of the best players in the strongest league in the world if you finish in 11th place, because eventually they are going to want to play in the biggest games at the highest level, and we will quite probably never be able to offer that. In this case, what looks like it has happened is that they managed to get him to agree to a new deal last summer, with his camp putting the condition of a release clause into the deal, set at a level that would make him the most expensive domestic transfer ever, and then his performances actually made him worth investing in for a top team.

I'm not sure what they have done is 'prepare for failure', if the alternative would likely have been 'prepare to sell him anyway for a much lower price'.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

So if Real Madrid had a working fax machine, Man United would just be a club that sells their players when the big teams come calling? ;)

Ha, what a great story. I get your point but vastly different circumstances. They also had Sergio Romero sitting behind him and Real were planning to send Navas to United.

• Like 1

Â