The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

That gas stuff is pathetic, makes your head spin for 10seconds, then back to normal. Its hardly anything to be bothered about, a complete non-story. 

Smoking a cigarette is worse.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

OK. Well I think the OP is wrong. I think Grealish would have broken through under any manager eventually and soon. However, I also think it was a bold move of Sherwoods to show such faith in him as to start him against QPR. That took even myself by surprise. Could you see Lambert doing that? 

Not that it would have mattered much by that point as we would already have been relegated give or take. IMO of course. 

I thought to play him in a Cup Semi -final which is a knockout competition took some conkers.

just goes to show to me that he is watching everything in training and clearly spotted Jacks improvement/development.

He gets the attention of the rags for 3 days before they try and knock him down...

The sun has a picture of him which I haven't seen but sounds like he has a small white balloon semi blown up against his lips and a headline grealish caught doing nitrous oxide, how the **** can they tell it's nitrous oxide from a photo? How can they tell he's inhaling from a photo?

Might not be bollocks but so far I'm not convinced

That gas stuff is pathetic, makes your head spin for 10seconds, then back to normal. Its hardly anything to be bothered about, a complete non-story.

Smoking a cigarette is worse.

This. It's like the very brief light-headedness you get when you smoke for the first time in a few weeks.

Edited by Isa

What's wrong with it? I didn't think it was that serious of a drug/gas.

Has been considered as a way to humanely execute people in certain states of America. 

This new proposed method, known as nitrogen asphyxiation, seals the condemned in an airtight chamber pumped full of nitrogen gas, causing death by a lack of oxygen. Nitrogen gas has yet to be put to the test as a method of capital punishment—no country currently uses it for state-sanctioned executions. But people do die accidentally of nitrogen asphyxiation, and usually never know what hit them. (It’s even possible that death by nitrogen gas is mildly euphoric. Deep-sea divers exposed to an excess of nitrogen develop a narcosis, colorfully known as “raptures of the deep,” similar to drunkenness or nitrous oxide inhalation.)
Edited by PaulC

Has been considered as a way to humanely execute people in certain states of America. 

And is also used as anaesthetic for surgeries and dentistry. Just because too much of something can kill you doesn't mean people should be vilified for taking a small amount. Chocolate is poisonous if you have enough of it.

The media once again making mountains out of molehills.

And is also used as anaesthetic for surgeries and dentistry. Just because too much of something can kill you doesn't mean people should be vilified for taking a small amount. Chocolate is poisonous if you have enough of it.

It's not just the media, it's society.

If you're taking illegal substances, you're a bad, bad person.  This, despite the fact that alcohol causes more problems than any other drug out there.  But that's ok, because it's legal to get shitfaced.  But those kids smoking weed?  Pffft, gateway drug.  They're all doomed wasters(!).

• Like 2

if anything if he was born in Ireland this wouldnt be a media thing same way it never happened with say Bale or Ramsey but English media just punish their own young players with negative headlines like Sterling, Wiltshire and I expect they are looking hard for a Harry Kane story

No of course not I've been given it myself, its very harmless in small doses

Sherwood has played Grealish in the hole/ number 10/ free role.

Lambert had him playing as an inside forward (?), same as gabby. Both are completely different players now.

Lambert bottled it, or just didn't have a clue what to do without any assistants.

1)The greedy, stubborn bastard should have walked, but nah, would have preferred to relegate us and walk away with some cash.

2)Thank god we had Tom Fox on board to eventually pull the trigger...would Faulkner have done the same? Could be Randy's best (and last) major move as owner.

1)This is what annoyed me most

2) so true

http://www.talktofrank.com/drug/nitrous-oxide

What are the risks of nitrous oxide?

Nitrous oxide can cause dizziness or affect your judgement, which might make you act carelessly or dangerously and put you at risk of hurting yourself, particularly in an unsafe environment.

Other risks include:

• Unconsciousness or death from lack of oxygen. This occurs when the available oxygen for breathing is effectively pushed out by the nitrous oxide. The risk is greater if the gas is consumed in an enclosed space or if a plastic bag is used that covers both nose and mouth.

• Heavy regular use of nitrous oxide can lead to deficiency of vitamin B12 and to a form of anaemia. The severe B12 deficiency can lead to serious nerve damage in some cases, which causes tingling and numbness n the fingers and toes and other extremities, and even difficulties with walking and pains in affected areas. Regular use may also depress formation of white blood cells.

• It can be hard to judge the amount to use safely. If you have too much you can end up fainting, having an accident or much worse.
  • Severe vitamin B deficiency can develop with heavy, regular use of nitrous oxide. This can cause serious nerve damage, which leads to tingling and numbness in the fingers, toes and other extremities, and even difficulties with walking and tpains in the affected areas.

Nitrous oxide and alcohol

Mixing nitrous oxide with alcohol is especially dangerous as it can increase the risks associated with both substances and can lead to an increased risk of accidents or death.

What are the risks of stairs?

Climbing and descending the stairs can be dangerous and potentially fatal. A number of risk factors present themselves:

• People may be sleepwalking, and have the potential to fall. Humans who are asleep are unaware of their surroundings, and may be unable to navigate steep staircases while unconscious. 
  • Humans sometimes get cravings for snacks in the middle of the night, and may attempt to descend a staircase in the dark without turning a light on. A fall in the dark could lead to a broken neck, collarbone or leg, and potential help may be difficult to come by if family members are asleep. 
  • Heavy, regular use of stairs can lead to a deficiency of cash and a form of wallet-emptiness, as you may need to pay for re-carpeting. 
  • It can be hard to judge the amount of stairs you can skip safely. Running up stairs too quickly, or skipping too many stairs can result in slips, or in momentary dizziness and nausea. 
  • Sleepwalking people can fall, since they are not fully conscious of their surroundings. (You may have noticed that this is basically exactly the same as the first warning, but slightly re-worded, but what's good enough for Talk To Frank is good enough for me.)

etc etc. 

Inhaling nitrous isn't actually particularly dangerous, and is highly unlikely to be more dangerous than other things which aren't worth kicking off a tabloid shitstorm about, such as getting behind the wheel of a car. 

Still, the news media goes quickly these days eh? He's completed the entire Gazza/Best hero-to-zero trajectory in less than a week! Blah pitchforks get out of my club you terrible role model to children blah anger blah where's my Daily Mail blah

• Like 2

Â